Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Funky Farm Blocks - Signups will be opened until Jan 19 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/funky-farm-blocks-signups-will-opened-until-jan-19-2013-a-t203234.html)

owlvamp 01-07-2013 11:52 AM

The other four blocks

5 Attachment(s)
I love these blocks and had fun making them. I hope to see some more blocks and hopefully more people to sign up. I know I sound like a broken record. Come on everyone come have fun with us!!

owlvamp 01-07-2013 11:54 AM

Ok you can't have the picture of my puppy Harlie. She is so cute and little . She actually weighs over 50 lbs now. Don't know how I got that picture in there. But she fits with the theme.

tracibug 01-07-2013 02:32 PM

I so want those racing pigs!!!

Owlvamp - I am willing to make fewer sets or more types of block to try to make this a good go. Keep me posted. :-)

Originally Posted by lovngrandma (Post 5749065)
ok i have my 6 done mine are 10 in blocks finished, and i have not posted pics on this iste before except for pm so will try to get it on here, here goes

owlvamp 01-07-2013 02:36 PM

Awesome that's what I am thinking to. Just do fewer sets so we all still can do this. I have almost all my blocks finished. So when your blocks are finished just PM for address and on the 19th will let you know what's up.

Belfrybat 01-10-2013 03:14 PM

Owlvamp - are you turning under the edges of the appliques you are doing? It might be my monitor, but it looks like raw edges with a straight stitch going around the applique piece? I don't do applique, so am no expert, but I wonder if you are leaving raw edges how the block will hold up being washed numerous time?

owlvamp 01-10-2013 05:30 PM

Yes they are raw edges and I have never had a problem with many washes and every swap I have been in I have done them and no one has complained yet. So I believe they are ok.

owlvamp 01-11-2013 08:32 AM

I received lovngrandma blocks today. Very nice blocks. I love them.

Belfrybat 01-13-2013 02:30 PM

How many are now in the swap and approximately how many blocks have been committed? Thanks!

owlvamp 01-13-2013 04:56 PM

5 people with 19 sets

owlvamp 01-13-2013 08:13 PM

Iam sorry to say Belfrybat pulled out. I don't blame her for there is only five of us playing and now down to four. I already received lovngrandma one block set and always can send her 6 back. I don't understand why this was not a success other than maybe I stepped on toes. Don't know how and I even changed the dates to make this swap work. We still have 6 days left for anyone to join. I am extremely disappointed at this time but will stick with this for some of you still want to do it. I already finished by blocks but we certainly can knock down the number of sets to 2 if no one else signs up or one set if that what you prefer.

Let me know if this is what you would like to do or drop out. Thanks