Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Funky Halloween Swap ^^._.^^ Sign Ups close June 30, 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/funky-halloween-swap-%5E%5E-_-%5E%5E-sign-ups-close-june-30-2012-a-t181579.html)

athenagwis 03-05-2012 11:39 AM

I should have everyone that has decided to join all signed up now. Double check the post in the group (link on first page) that your name is shown. If you have not gotten a PM from me with a mailing address, let me know!! I am very excited, I will try to find some more inspiration tonight!!

Cheers!
Rachel

birdlady 03-05-2012 05:27 PM

Count me in on this one too. Halloween is soooo much fun.

athenagwis 03-05-2012 06:56 PM

5 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by birdlady (Post 5034546)
Count me in on this one too. Halloween is soooo much fun.

Don't you mean sew much fun? hehe (is that only funny to me?)

I was looking around Flickr for some more inspiring pics for y'all and I attached what I found here. Feel free to be creative with these blocks, there is so (sew? hehe) many different things you can do!! :)

There are a few things that came up in PMs that I thought I would put out there here. Someone asked about machine embroidery. I have no problem with any type of quilting style for this swap. Piecing, paper piecing, applique, embroidery, whatever you want. All I ask is that you love your own quilt block and would be proud to put it in your own quilt. If you love your block with all your heart, so will we!! :)

Also I had someone from over the pond ask if they could play with us. I am more than happy to accommodate international swappers. What we will do for postage is once I am ready to mail back to you, I will send you a paypal invoice for the shipping amount plus paypal fees, then I will use that to ship back to you. This is truly the best way to handle this rather than trying to send American currency, as shipping amounts overseas can vary so much. If I do not hear back from you regarding the shipping fees within a reasonable time frame after you have been contacted by me (a week say), then the blocks become mine. All mine!! mwahahaha (hehe sorry I couldn't help myself) ... but seriously if I don't get payment for shipping timely, then the blocks will stay here and probably be made into a donation quilt. :) :) So be sure to check your PMs here around the time that I should be mailing if you are an international swapper. :)

Okay onto the good stuff!! :)

GmaBoogie 03-05-2012 08:40 PM

I want to play. I love funky and halloween too. Can I play?, can I? , can I? LOL, Can you tell I'm excited? Count me in

athenagwis 03-06-2012 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by GmaBoogie (Post 5035052)
I want to play. I love funky and halloween too. Can I play?, can I? , can I? LOL, Can you tell I'm excited? Count me in

How can we possibly say no to that?? (Not that we would anyway LOL) :) :) I will send you a PM!!

Cheers!
Rachel

moonrise 03-06-2012 04:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the first block ...(Yikes, the photo is big! Sorry about that.)

athenagwis 03-06-2012 05:51 AM

Excellent block moonrise!! I loves me a good scarecrow!! :) :) You have started us off on the right foot for sure!! Now I must scamper off to my sewing machine to make some prototypes of blocks that have been floating around in my head!! :)

Cheers!
Rachel

athenagwis 03-06-2012 05:51 AM

As another note, I had a question on how many sets you can do. I have no specific limit to the number of sets you can do, but remember I can't swap out more blocks for you than I have and we can't have everyone be able to get everyone's blocks. hehe So do as many as you would like, mix up the blocks you send me so we have a good variety to choose from, but if you send A LOT (like 10 sets or more), be understanding that I may not be able to swap them all depending on how many people join and how many sets they do.

Cheers!
Rachel

moonrise 03-06-2012 10:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks! At this point, I'll probably do 4-6 sets, but we'll see how it goes time-wise, and also see how many people sign up. Last year's Halloween Swap was HUGE! :thumbup: (And I still haven't put that quilt together! LOL! Maybe I'll use the blocks from both swaps and make a COLOSSAL quilt! :D )

Meet Frankie, my newest l'il guy ... :)

Edited to add: The background is more orange-y than the photo looks. My camera apparently gets a little "creative" in reproducing colors accurately! :p

moonrise 03-06-2012 11:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Let's try this again. This background should be more accurate ... or it least it is on my screen. ;)