Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Funky Halloween Swap Signups thru 8-06-13 - Due 9-06-13 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/funky-halloween-swap-signups-thru-8-06-13-due-9-06-13-a-t223235.html)

yonnikka 07-11-2013 04:39 AM

Okay, I've just reviewed all 15 pages of this Funky Halloween swap for 2013, and I'm inspired by the charm and creativity of all of your pictures and comments. COUNT ME IN, right now, for 2 biggish Blocks to swap. Question: SHOULD I count the 3 1/2 inch mini-blocks?

Muse&Sew 07-11-2013 06:58 AM

Yonnikka, we're thrilled to have you join us! To answer your question, Should I count the 3 1/2 mini-blocks? You may include six 3.5" (unfinished) halloween blocks per each set of big blocks sets you swap. You can let me know by the closing date how many small sets you'd like to do. So if you make 2 biggish blocks sets, you then qualify to make 2 small sets! Happy sewing!

Originally Posted by yonnikka (Post 6171236)
Okay, I've just reviewed all 15 pages of this Funky Halloween swap for 2013, and I'm inspired by the charm and creativity of all of your pictures and comments. COUNT ME IN, right now, for 2 biggish Blocks to swap. Question: SHOULD I count the 3 1/2 inch mini-blocks?

RedGarnet222 07-11-2013 05:55 PM

I wish someone would do another funky chicken swap. Hint, hint ... LOL!

som 07-11-2013 07:22 PM

I agree I love those funkey chickens

Lstew2212 07-12-2013 04:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What is the funky chicken swap? I love doing swaps. On another note.....

I need help, I was sewing my Halloween blocks last night and my sewing machine started doing this.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]423528[/ATTACH]

Any body know why? Much to my sadness, my machine is going to the sewing machine hospital. I am glad I have a backup sewing machine.

Lstew2212 07-12-2013 04:03 AM

The photo above is of the back of the material, the thread is from the back.

moonrise 07-12-2013 04:09 AM

Usually if the back of the fabric is messing up, it means the upper thread is out of whack somehow. Try re-threading it. Sometimes my upper thread jumps out of the first guide, and I get monstrous loops on the back.

If that doesn't work, check for any bits of lint or stray threads in the machine. Sometimes a tiny bit of lint in the bobbin area throws my machine off.

Muse&Sew 07-12-2013 07:59 AM

No fun Lstew2212. I'm not very good as a sewing mechanic, but like moonrise says, redo the upper thread. Usually I've found that there is a thread stuck somewhere, or junk has collected in the bobbin or upper thread area. When my machine gets a little out of whack, I take out the bobbin & clean that area. i love to use canned air too. I sew with a lot of minky & so my machine fills up with extra threads. So I have to clean the bobbin area frequently & spray the canned air. Depending on your machine, some machines allow you to unscrew the top area & look for threads that are stuck. Once you clean out the junk, rethread, etc. it might work. Good luck!

Originally Posted by Lstew2212 (Post 6172955)
What is the funky chicken swap? I love doing swaps. On another note.....

I need help, I was sewing my Halloween blocks last night and my sewing machine started doing this.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]423528[/ATTACH]

Any body know why? Much to my sadness, my machine is going to the sewing machine hospital. I am glad I have a backup sewing machine.

Muse&Sew 07-12-2013 08:02 AM

I love chickens! We have one chicken & one duck that hang out to gether. The rest of the chickens had their demise from the foxes, dogs etc. in the area. We didn't buy new chickens this year. They're quite a couple chick & duck.

What would you think, as an idea, of a swap with funky chickens & barns? I really liked the funky house swap I participated in. Thinking somehow of combining houses, barns & chickens? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 (Post 6172530)
I wish someone would do another funky chicken swap. Hint, hint ... LOL!

RedGarnet222 07-12-2013 10:43 AM

Oh yes please do have one. I would love to participate in it. I have some blocks from last year, but I need to have more for a big enough quilt.

Woo hoo a chickens, barns and houses swap! When are we gonna start it?