Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Funky Jungle & Zoo Animals Block Swap--Sign Up closes 6/1/12 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/funky-jungle-zoo-animals-block-swap-sign-up-closes-6-1-12-a-t181798.html)

Mariposa 03-05-2012 07:14 PM

Funky Jungle & Zoo Animals Block Swap--Sign Up closes 6/1/12

Have you ever gone on a safari? Visited a rain forest? Or perhaps a trip to the zoo? What neat animals have you seen?
Let's create some funky blocks of these great animals! Funky can mean it can be a silly pattern, or unexpected colors, or great fabrics fussy cut. Use your imagination and have fun!!

Blocks can be any size divisible by 3" (+ seam allowances). They can be square or rectangular. Ex: 3.5"x3.5", 3.5"x6.5", 6.5"x6.5", 6.5"x9.5", 9.5"x15.5", 12.5"x12.5", etc. I think you get the idea. Smallest being 3.5"x3.5".

Blocks will be swapped in sets of 4. Limit of 6 sets (24 blocks) per swapper. Limit 2 sets of same pattern/design. Let's keep it interesting!
**Note on 3.5" blocks**- Since they are small, you will need to send in 2 - 3.5" blocks of different designs per block to swap. This will help to keep it fair. So you need to send 8-3.5" blocks to get 4 bigger blocks back. Limit of 1 set (8 blocks) of 3.5" ones per swapper. Please PM me if you have questions.

We will be swapping all 4 blocks/set. If you'd like one for yourself, please make an extra.

Plain fabric pieces are a nice extra to share with others. However, they will not count as blocks.

Nitty-Gritty:

*Use good quality pre-washed 100% cottons. No muslin. No flannel. No blends.

*Remove selvages before cutting pieces for blocks.

*Seam allowances should be 1/4". Blocks need to survive machine washing and drying.

*All applique blocks MUST have all pieces sewn down in some manner. Please, no monofilament thread.

Blocks should be mailed to me in a ziploc baggie inside an envelope, with your board name and real name on each individual block.
You need to include $5.30 in stamps or cash for me to send your return blocks in a Padded flat rate envelope. They hold more! :) I will provide the envelopes. Please no pre-paid mailing labels, as the post office doesn't like them. Delivery Confirmation will be extra $, if you choose.

Swap sign up deadline is 6/1/12. Blocks to me by 6/30/12. I will swap & mail out by 7/15/12.

International folks please include enough $ for your blocks. PM me if questions here, we will make it work!

*Please understand that I will have no choice but to return blocks unswapped that don't comply with this first post.

Please send me a PM to sign up for this swap. I wouldn't want to miss you!

Come on and join in the fun! Let's get our creativity flowing! We can chat and share pictures here, and enjoy the journey! :)

General rules for swaps: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

QuilterMomma 03-06-2012 02:26 PM

I think i may have some designs and fabrics for this one. Let me check my timeline and get signed up. Since I have till June, this may be doable.

Mariposa 03-06-2012 03:29 PM

QM-- glad to have you along! :)

Annaquilts 03-06-2012 10:53 PM

Oooooooh this sounds like so much fun. I have two quilts, one big and one small, I need to have finnished by June 1. If I do I might be a last moment sign up.

Mariposa 03-07-2012 05:37 AM

Hi Anna! Do hope you play along with us! :)

Crafty3790 03-07-2012 05:38 PM

I'm in sign me up.

Annaquilts 03-07-2012 11:08 PM

This is such a fun swap. I am not even signed up yet but already spend part of my evening designing animal blocks.

Mariposa 03-08-2012 05:32 AM

Hi Crafty--Glad to have you join us! :)

rwquilts 03-08-2012 06:11 AM

Sounds interesting Mariposa! I will have to see what I can come up with! :)

Mariposa 03-08-2012 07:19 AM

Hi rw! Gonna share some pics-? ;)