Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Good Ol' Summertime Swap ... Open to signups until March 30th. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/good-ol-summertime-swap-open-signups-until-march-30th-t173769.html)

RedGarnet222 01-29-2012 05:08 PM

OK I am excited you are thinking of joining sewjoyce.

I have to ask... Did you see I tied for first in the purse contest for this month? Can you tell, I am happy about it.

sewjoyce 01-29-2012 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 (Post 4923387)
OK I am excited you are thinking of joining sewjoyce.

I have to ask... Did you see I tied for first in the purse contest for this month? Can you tell, I am happy about it.

No Red, I didn't see that....where do I look??????????

RedGarnet222 01-29-2012 06:07 PM

On the home page there is a thread called challenges and contests. Inside that is the january contest winners thread. I hope you like it.

sewjoyce 01-30-2012 05:28 AM

Oh Red, it's wonderful!!! Is there a contest every month?

NotByTheBook 01-30-2012 07:50 AM

Not sure I understand how this works. I'm working on squares for an animal quilt to be donated to the zoo. Do I send the blocks with the pictures of the animals being used and another set of bocks that someone else may want to use????? Confused.

RedGarnet222 01-30-2012 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce (Post 4924542)
Oh Red, it's wonderful!!! Is there a contest every month?

Yes there sure is sewjoyce! Isn't that fun? I am pretty sure there is a thread by rhonda that lists the next ones coming up. I think it is larger quilts that have applique for the next two weeks. But you would have to search rhonda's thread to know for sure.

Thanks so much for commenting My first contest... LOL!

RedGarnet222 01-30-2012 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by NotByTheBook (Post 4925157)
Not sure I understand how this works. I'm working on squares for an animal quilt to be donated to the zoo. Do I send the blocks with the pictures of the animals being used and another set of bocks that someone else may want to use????? Confused.

LOL I guess we are in the same boat notbythebook. Are you talking about this swap or the contest? If it is directed about this swap, the rules are all on the first page of this swap thread. That is how it works you send blocks and they are swapped out with other swapper and sent back to you.

The board contest rules are on the contest threads in that section of the board.

I hope this helps. I know that it can be confusing sometimes when you first join a site. Welcome, by the way to the quilt board from the state of nevada. I hope you enjoy the site and all of the friendly members.

amberr533 01-30-2012 06:17 PM

ok Red just pm'd you about this swap and the kitchen one as well, I am excited to be playing again

RedGarnet222 01-31-2012 08:34 AM

Woo Hoo ... here we go again ...amberr!! How fun to have you join in the swap. I have you all signed up so, Welcome! I know you will have fun playing along with your blocks.

urgodschild2 01-31-2012 10:04 AM

I think that I understand what to do and would like to join in on the fun. I will do 4 sets That means 24 blocks right??????? Different sizes???? I am excited about this. Now if I could only find my 501 blocks book.