Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   International Row Robin - Quilter's Dozen (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/international-row-robin-quilters-dozen-t86886.html)

Gwyn 01-01-2011 06:41 PM

Okay. I finally am getting around to this. You will have to be patient with me. I am not a techno whiz so if it is more than email, I am lost.

The members of group 13 are:
Gwyn - group leader---My Favorite Quilting Squares & Patterns -- Utah

MadQuilter -- America in Red, White and Blue -- California

CherylW -- black, white and a bright. Use same bright throughout your row and no color repeats. -- Ohio

Melburk -- Horses -- Iowa
&
Scrapquilt -- Winter -- Ohio

I think these are going to be really wonderful quilts. I've never done a quilt in a row by row fashion, but I'll try anything once.

One thing we will need is a group name. I'm up for any suggestions.

I know I have been slow getting going, but I am excited. As I understand it, our first mailing will be February 15th. It is important to get your quilt row planned and be ready to mail it on the 15th.

Also, remember to include a label for everyone to sign. Read through all the mailing instructions to be sure you know the rules. Following the rules helps everyone feel secure and insures all the quilts the same level of safety and care.

If you find you have a problem that will impact our participation, please contact me right away. I understand life stuff...I certainly impacted my IRR group last year when my husband passed away. New babies, unexpected company, money for fabric or postage, all are legit excuses. It is just important to communicate. I'm really easy to get along with. In the past there have been people who aren't participating who are on standby to fill in when life throws the curve ball. Don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it.

Since I am not sure how to create a place to post pictures seperate from this thread, that will just have to wait until someone tells me how to get it done. For now, let's think about a name, start getting to know eachother, and have a little bit of show and tell about the fabrics we are starting with and pictures of some of our first blocks/rows.

Happy Quilting, Gwyn

sewwhat85 01-01-2011 07:37 PM

have fun quilters

Gwyn 01-16-2011 08:12 AM

I think we need a bit of energy and enthusiasm. So as the 'head cheerleader' for this group I have a small suggestion. Please, for me, let's figure out a name for our group. Anything with the number 13 attached to it needs a good name. My only suggestion is too old and tired "Lucky 13", but it fits, I feel very lucky to be a part of this wonderful group of quilters.

I am having a tea party tomorrow afternoon. It will be right here. You will need to bring - something to drink, hot or cold, something to nibble on, diet or otherwise, a picture of yourself, serious or funny, and at least a drawing/sketch or the row you are working or going to work on soon.

This 'tea party' will begin at 4:00 EST (2:00 MST), (1:00 PST). We will use this thread a bit like a chat, but here we can post pictures. It probably won't last more than 30 - 60 minutes.

We need a name, suggestions for your quilt top, colors to avoid, favorite snacks to quilt with,and whatever you would like to share. Soooo

See you all tomorrow afternoon. Please at least peek in...Gwyn

Gwyn 01-17-2011 02:41 PM

Well, okay. I got 4:00 stuck in my head and wasn't watching the time. I'm really sorry. We need to pick a name. Lucky 13 has been suggested by 2 quilters, what do the rest of you think?

Gwyn 01-17-2011 02:43 PM

Has anyone started their row? I'm guilty. The first of February is only 2 weeks away and we need to be ready to mail. I know it has been a while since the sign up. I'm having a hard time remembering everything that is due and those 1st of the month things sneek up on me.

Gwyn 01-17-2011 02:47 PM

Well, your fearless leader messed up. Shall we try this again on Wednesday? I'll at least be on time. Perhaps some ideas can be posted by then.

Short an Sweet 01-17-2011 03:13 PM

Hi, I'm from Group 15, and as soon as I saw Group 13, Lucky 13 is the FRIST thing that popped in my mind. lol

CherylW 01-17-2011 04:32 PM

Gwyn -

Sorry I missed you this afternoon. I read your e-mail and then forgot all about it. 4pm EST on Wednesday would work for me. I'll think on a name before then!

Cheryl W.

Gwyn 01-17-2011 09:18 PM

Great. I've got it in my planner and a post it on my computer for the correct time.

Short an Sweet 01-18-2011 09:10 AM

just a quick question, is this the thread for the "Row" Robin 2011 or for a "Round" Robin?