Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January Secret Pal Sign up Closes Dec 31st 4pm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-dec-31st-4pm-t209128.html)

verna2197 01-21-2013 06:33 AM

Ok ladies move over and make room on the bench.

I am well enough to now join you all. Went home to Indy for Christmas, got back and 2 days later had to go back for a funeral. The day before I came home I started getting sick, don't really know how I made it home, its usually about a 6 hour drive but this time it took me over 10 hours. Had to keep pulling into the rest areas and take a nap. My poor little doggies was with me and I was just to sick to even walk them. Anyway by the time I got home I was running a fever, throwing up, my voice was gone, freezing then burning up. Threw up all weekend, couldn't even keep water down. Monday morning still throwing up so went to the doc. She told me I did not have the flu, I had a intestine virus, both ears infected and a cold. What I had is called Norovirus comes from food. You can not catch it from someone sneezing or coughing but you can get it from touching something infected with it. No antibiotic will help it, it just has to run its course. Also came from Austrailia. I was so very sick and all I wanted to do was die and get it over with. I sure hope no one else get this.

verna2197 01-21-2013 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5801962)
Fabulous packages, everyone! As for being in your 30's -- I've been in my 30's for 30 years!

Krystyna I have been 29 for 30 years and still holding

Krystyna 01-21-2013 06:46 AM

Verna, how horrible. I can't imagine how you drove that long. And poor pups! Glad you'll make it to be in your 30s for another year! Scoot over on the bench ... I don't want to sit next to you.

buslady 01-21-2013 07:22 AM

I am so thankful that our house has avoided this sick stuff. And I don't like the idea of reversing the numbers on your birthday, not one bit. LOL I turned 57, that is bad enough, I can only hope to live to 75. Ha! Funny story, one of my Grands asked me my age. When I told him "52" he said, very shocked with disbelief, "you are NOT!!" So I asked him how old he thought I was. He said 27, I said, I'll take it! At 7 or 8, 52 much have sounded ancient!
Loving all the packages coming in. I'm afraid I am sitting on the bench with my secret pal. Mine would have been mailed today, cept the mail don't run today. I cannot believe how slow I am this month. I did discover, however, how unhelpful my post office can be. Tried to get info on mailing international and they were "zero" help. So I just have to try on my own. Glad to see the info on the POP envelopes, if kept under 4#.
Crazy day at work today. Power was out at the office for 12 hours yesterday. I came in last night after it came back on to make sure all was well. Had to disconnect garage doors (big for buses) so they could be opened manually, cause for some reason 2 of them opened up as the power went out and stayed open. My cousin lives in apartment next to the office and called to to tell me, otherwise It would have been open a lot longer. Anyway, all the computers shut down and the server. Now, I am NOT a computer person and when the server wouldn't connect to any of our desk tops, I called in the expert. She never answered. So, I and the dispatcher were here early, she in the server room, me answering phones, she hand writing logs off the server. Well, you guys don't care about that, short story long, I am an idiot. First thing you check is the outlets and the cables, then you reboot. Well the server and all it's aparatus are connected to several serge protectors, and they all have to be on. You cannot even miss one plug. Especially not the one that runs the network system. When I discovered the problem, I shouted "I'm an idiot" so loud the neighbors might have heard. One of our clients was in the office giving Jody a hug, he came out in the hall and chewed me out. Said it was rude to call someone an idiot. I had to explain that it was myself I was insulting. As a matter of fact a driver thought it would be funny to agree with me, she got set straight! LOL Ok, enough yammering, got get some work done so I can go home and sew.

Krystyna 01-21-2013 07:35 AM

Onalee, sounds like you had a day and a half! Let's hope things run more smoothly for the rest of the week.

fayzer 01-21-2013 08:10 AM

SP, almost there! shipping conf. 9405503699300288240647
The only problem is today is a federal holiday! Phooey!

Krystyna 01-21-2013 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by fayzer (Post 5802257)
SP, almost there! shipping conf. 9405503699300288240647
The only problem is today is a federal holiday! Phooey!

Not for me ... looks like someone in Ohio will be happy!

Quilty-Louise 01-21-2013 08:40 AM

My SP packages have been mailed & received. Plus I have already received
mine.

I will serve hot cocoa, or margaritas to anyone sitting on the bench, but I
DO NOT want to get to close if you are sick, because I just don't need it.

My sweet hubs is home today and driving me crazy, I told him I was going
int the fabric room and to LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!! anytime the stock market
is closed my husband is off work, because he works for a brokerage firm in
the IT dept. so his job "follows" the working hours of the stock exchange.
Some times good and sometimes (like today) its bad.

Caio friends I am off to try and fold more fabric (in peace and quiet I hope).

quiltnut4ever 01-21-2013 09:06 AM

To all of those who are sick get better. I've been blessed so far that I don't have the flu not even a cold! That doesn't however stop my MS from flaring up and it has been for a while now. Wonderful packages coming in especially the one from Japan! Awesome! Ok going to work on an application for a position that opened up for my dept. yay https://d326oobcc22bax.cloudfront.ne...46/1507625.GIF

Knitette 01-21-2013 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by verna2197 (Post 5801974)
What I had is called Norovirus comes from food. You can not catch it from someone sneezing or coughing but you can get it from touching something infected with it. No antibiotic will help it, it just has to run its course. Also came from Austrailia. I was so very sick and all I wanted to do was die and get it over with. I sure hope no one else get this.

Poor you! Over here it's called the 'Winter Vomiting Bug' as it's rife here during the winter when people are cooped up in the cold weather. Spreads like wildfire through offices, hospitals and schools etc.
Do you have Paracetamol over there? If not, something that takes your temperature down will help you feel better. Get better soon.