Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   July Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/july-secret-partner-pin-cushion-needlecase-swap-t224352.html)

lynnie 08-06-2013 12:57 PM

red, if you see the posting for sept b4 I do, will you please let me know. thanks

Pat625 08-06-2013 02:47 PM

I think the break in August will be a good thing for me..I have GOT to finish some things I dread, so I can do "fun for me" projects again

RedGarnet222 08-06-2013 04:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 6218980)
red, if you see the posting for sept b4 I do, will you please let me know. thanks

Why sure lynnie! I will if I see it before you. I am trying to figure out what to make you (side swap) from the new pattern that should be here the 8th. There is a bee, butterfly, or a ladybug.

Here is your august side swap pincushion, paintmejudy, I just finished it. (She asked for a butterfly) No pattern, just make as you go type of thing. The body is filled with flax seed for the pincushion and the wings open to keep the scissors and thread handy. The scissors and props inside don't come with it, sorry. But, it will sit on the arm of a chair perfectly.

quiltjoey 08-06-2013 04:17 PM

Hi Red: Love the butterfly1 and Old Rosebud: the glamper is too cute! and everyone else: I loved all the lovely pcs in this swap!! Can't wait to join the Sept. swap. So looking forward to it...

lynnie 08-06-2013 04:21 PM

ooooooohhhh love that butterfly. I just finished my Halloween pc's.
all glittery and shiny, (like a new born baby's hinei) and soft and squishy inside.
I even made one for myself. that's something new and different.
it's definitely Halloweeney and a bit unusual.
i'll try to have a friend take a pic next week.
so I guess when we do the next swap, we'll have to say definitely halloweeney or just fall

JuneBillie 08-06-2013 08:28 PM

I did halloween when my son was little, but that's been a long time, and I don't have grandchildren. It is so pretty during the fall in East Tn. All the color changes. A close town to us always has a pumpkin festival, and the water tower in that town is colored as one huge pumpkin at the top. It's very impressive. I am sure others with children will have fun with the halloween theme.

paintmejudy 08-07-2013 06:24 AM

Too cute, Red, many thanks! Boy, you are too quick for me, I haven't even decided on a pattern for you yet. But love the butterfly.

Greeter Eva 08-07-2013 06:55 AM

Love the camper & the butterfly. Camper reminds me of the days we went camping every weekend & I love the butterfly idea. When I first saw the butterfly I couldn't figure out about the scissors & thread. Then I scrolled to the next pic & there it was. That is so smart.

RedGarnet222 08-07-2013 07:08 AM

Thank you everyone. It was fun to make up with my vintage fabrics. I knew judy likes buttons, so I had to put some on there for her.
Once I commit to something it bothers me until it is finished. Let me know when you are ready to send judy.

lynnie 08-07-2013 07:48 AM

red, i'll be mailing today, later after the cleaning lady comes. she should be here for about two hrs. the latest it will go is 3 pm est.