Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Magical Forest Swap - Sign-Ups Close May 15, 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/magical-forest-swap-sign-ups-close-may-15-2012-a-t182047.html)

tropit 03-09-2012 05:34 AM

I'd like to join in. I just posted something about making a quilt for a logger friend of mine, (who actually looks like a gnome...LOL.) This quilt will be the perfect gift for him! Count me in.

~ Cindy

raedar63 03-09-2012 05:54 AM

This is going to be fun to watch I will think about this one . I love trees and fairies and mushrooms and all that they entail!

athenagwis 03-09-2012 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by moonrise (Post 5043913)
Yep, sign me up for at least 4 sets. :D (Do I need to "officially" PM you?)

Thanks for the info on the background color. I like how the quilt looks in the first post. It's very pretty with the white background. :) I've got some trees in the works. Sneaky peeky below.

All set!! :) I like the white background too, but I have found myself pleasantly surprised with swaps that I end up loving something I didn't think I would before, so I try to leave my swaps as wide open with possibilities as possible. :) :) :) Y'all are just way more creative than me!! :)

Originally Posted by tropit (Post 5044138)
I'd like to join in. I just posted something about making a quilt for a logger friend of mine, (who actually looks like a gnome...LOL.) This quilt will be the perfect gift for him! Count me in.

~ Cindy

All set!! happy to have you on board!!

Originally Posted by raedar63 (Post 5044190)
This is going to be fun to watch I will think about this one . I love trees and fairies and mushrooms and all that they entail!

I do hope you'll come play with us!! I am very excited for this theme!! :)

Cheers!
Rachel

raedar63 03-09-2012 06:32 AM

Just a thought here about the white background. This seems to be taking on a magical theme to me with some of the examples posted . That means to me to blend some night blocks here and there after all isn't that when the gnomes and fairies come out to play :)

athenagwis 03-09-2012 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by raedar63 (Post 5044308)
Just a thought here about the white background. This seems to be taking on a magical theme to me with some of the examples posted . That means to me to blend some night blocks here and there after all isn't that when the gnomes and fairies come out to play :)

I think all backgrounds can work so long as the maker loves them!! :) This is why I set no limit. If there is a good combo of both, I might even put the light on one side of the quilt and the other on the back and have a night/day quilt!! :) Don't be afraid to make blocks you love, I am sure we will all find a way to make them all work together for wonderful quilts!! :) :) :)

Rachel

bookworm 03-09-2012 07:45 AM

Embellishments ok to add for this one?

athenagwis 03-09-2012 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by bookworm (Post 5044520)
Embellishments ok to add for this one?

I don't mind them myself, but I know some people might want to remove them for the quilting and then add them back on later, so perhaps just make sure they are on their own strings so people can do that if they so choose. :)

Rachel

ssnare 03-09-2012 02:40 PM

I want to join, but, I do not know how many sets I will get done. I have some fabric I did a swap with that are the cutest gnomes from Sweden. I also have cross stitched flower fairies that are on adida fabric, that I might incorporate into this type of quilt. I have been looking at pictures of fairy houses that I am thinking about making for my blocks for this swap. I have not decided for sure.

marytoddliz 03-09-2012 05:15 PM

I want to join also I would like to do 4 sets. I have a daughter and DIL that both love gnomes and fairies~ add a little forest to it and I will have two happy girls on my hands!

I have some wonderful "forest`y" fabric I will start looking now.

marytoddliz 03-09-2012 05:32 PM

I want to join also I would like to do 4 sets. I have a daughter and DIL that both love gnomes and fairies~ add a little forest to it and I will have two happy girls on my hands!

I have some wonderful "forest`y" fabric I will start looking now.