Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   May 2014 "Red, White, and Blue...." 10.5 layer cake swap... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/may-2014-red-white-blue-10-5-layer-cake-swap-t245298.html)

luvTooQuilt 04-16-2014 06:01 PM

May 2014 "Red, White, and Blue...." 10.5 layer cake swap...

Swap open for registration until May22nd or until 130 sets filled, whichever comes first.....

Each swapper will submit 12 squares of 1 (one) UN-washed 100% quality quilting cotton that is Red & White & Blue, Red & White, Blue & White, Red & Blue, Red, or BLUE - the options are almost endless lol ..... (no flannel, no homespun, no eyelets, and no broadcloth ). Please be courteous, and keep in mind, send what you would like to receive in return ~~<<~@

Squares should be carefully rotary cut from UN-washed 100% cotton fabric. Keep in mind that your squares could end up in a child's quilt. Select fabrics that will hold up to a lot of love, wear, tears, draggin', cuddlin', washing, and trips through the dryer. Fabrics that fray easily, or are fairly easy to see through are not good candidates for this swap.

Please be advised that fabrics that are not square, squares too wonky or too off grain, squares that are shedding, squares that contain selvages, or those that are not 10.5 or larger, will be returned unswapped. Anything less than MY 10.5 measurement will be returned. If you are unsure of your accuracy, over-sized squares will be accepted as they can be cut down to size if needed be. Will accept any squares larger than 10.5 inches... please nothing over 11 inches as they become hard to put in baggies.. (If you would like /require assistance in cutting please contact me.- Ill need these fabrics sooner.. )

Here’s how it works: - In your packet to me you will enclose:

• ~ 1 gallon size Hefty (or the like) non pleaded SLIDER bag with 12 ct – 10 1/2 (up to 11) inch squares of ONE fabric for each set.
• ~ Fabric must be UN -washed, ironed and in gallon bags for safe passage thru USPS.
• ~ Selvages MUST be removed entirely from both selvage ends- Including selvage holes.
• ~ Please remember that each set MUST be cut from a different unwashed fabric
• ~ 5-6 sets fit in ONE priority flat rate envelope
• ~ It is aprox 1 yard per 12ct – 10.5 (up to 11I) inch squares - IF your fabric is 44 wide.
• ~ There is a SIX set limit in this swap plus 8 TWIST(s) MAX

~ INCLUDE your screen name ON your baggies along with SET amounts. *Example- I would like to do 4 (four) sets and a twist - ((4 sets mean that you would send 12 ct – 10.5 (up to 11 inch squares from FOUR different fabrics for a total of 48 squares, each set in separate gallon size bag(s)) so, written legibly with a sharpie marker or pen, on EACH of my bags will have:

luvTooQuilt X4 (plus 1 twists)

~ Please staple a piece of your fabric on the outside of the baggie...A selvage piece with manufacture name of your fabric would be sufficient- not mandatory- stapled on the outside of the individual baggie for identification purposes.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/attachm...elvageends.jpg

~ You may also include but not mandatory, your real name, mailing address, should your envelope be swallowed by the USPS machines for identification purposes- an adhesive return label perhaps.?. )

Also in your package INCLUDE a Sample pieces of each of your fabric – ( 2x3 tiny strips pieces from your leftover fabric is the prefect size..) Some of you stapled the pieces to a small piece of cardboard/cardstock/paper with an addt’l addy label & board name- (see pic) It is my goal NOT to give you back your fabric square…And this aids me keeping track who sent in what since there are may be over 100 sets

http://www.quiltingboard.com/attachm...-sampleset.jpg
Also in your package INCLUDE in a sandwich baggie: a self-adhesive return address label, and return priority postage - Tracking is now included in all FRE packages.. ($5.95 in Postage stamps, Concealed cash, or Postal Money orders ONLY)... Please remember that if you do not send enough return postage I will hold them until you send the difference. After 30 days, I will donate the unclaimed squares to charity of my choice.

~ DO NOT HIDE POSTAGE IN THE TWIST BAGGIE... I do not look in the baggies, however you may conceal it in any of your MAIN swap baggies..

~DO NOT mail return SAS envelopes!!!!! Postage ONLY please!!! I will not accept stamped envelopes.

***Due to quick turn-around and distance of my bank I WILL NOT ACCEPT PERSONAL CHECKS***

Postage stamps, USPS money orders (or concealed cash at your own risk) will be accepted as forms for postage/shipping costs..

I would like to have these in hand no later than the 29th of the swap Month - should it fall on a holiday, Saturday or Sunday- or NO 29th in the month, it must be received in hand the previous business day.
So with a post mark no later than the 21st that should give the USPS ample time to deliver via parcel post with a few days grace period. By the 25th PRIORITY is recommended. After the 27th, Mandatory OVERNITE shipping is required.... International members need to send them to me sooner- PM for details

Please remember that any packages received the 30th or after will be automatically returned unswapped. Any member not fulfilling commitment will not be accepted in future swaps and negative feedback will be posted to members account per Moderators requirements.

I will then sort when all rec'd and hope to mail out squares No later than the 10th of the following month

Reminders and swap rules can be found here - http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

AND THE TWIST…………..Noodles !!!!!

MAY's theme is: WHITE/ WOW....

Here’s how it works:
~Cut ONE 2.5 x WOF from 5 DIFFERENT 100% quality Cotton fabrics –no flannel, homespun, eyelet, see thru fabrics- When in doubt, leave it out!.
~Place the 5 different fabric sqs staggered in a ziplock SNACK size baggie for safe transport thru the USPS. (FIVE DIFFERENT 2.5xWOF = ONE Twist)
~ there is a EIGHT twist limit- all baggies cannot contain the SAME fabrics so mix them up- you may use the same fabric up to four baggies but the baggies MUST not have duplicates of themselves or be identical to other submitted baggies..
*** ADDENDUM: for this swap only- NO more then half your twists can be duplicate to one another.. ***
~Label the baggie with your Board Name and the total count of TWISTS you are participating in..

LuvTooQuilt x 8 Twists

*** This TWIST is optional - Not mandatory to participate in the twist to join this swap ***

@@@ Please send me ALL the info below by Private Message.

Board name,
How many sets you're doing
Your real name
Your mailing address

After all info has been sent to and rec’d I will notify you that you have been approved. I will then add you to the list of swappers...Confirmation will be posted on the thread as they come in at end of each day..@@@

Any questions please pm me... I'll be happy to assist...
…Happy quilting everyone!!!!

luvTooQuilt 04-25-2014 12:02 PM

FOR ALL THE "OLD" swappers if you still want to swap send me an EMAIL ............... you all have it.. my PMS get full

I have a 'stalker' so send me an EMAIL...

lauriejo 05-09-2014 11:42 AM

Just to clarify, these don't have to be "patriotic" right?

Yosamitesa 05-11-2014 05:15 AM

I'm in if you are up for it.

lauriejo 05-11-2014 07:49 AM

How many swappers do we need to make a go of it?

quilt addict 05-15-2014 09:02 AM

I'll send you and email but will see if there are enough to sign up for this swap. I am okay if we reduce the number of squares in a set.

I would also like to know if it is restricted to just patriotic fabric or anything with the correct color combinations.

Are most of you doing bright shades or the colors or more dull, like civil war colors? I may have to do shopping and might as well buy what will go best with other choices.

luvTooQuilt 05-15-2014 12:11 PM

the color 'shade; can be whatever yall decide.. I personally like the bright colors.. but im a fan of civil war too.. so im good with either.. IF there's a preference let me know and ill use whatever yall decide..

Remember it can be in color combinations of :
Red & White
Blue & White
Red & Blue
Red & White & Blue

it DOES NOT have to be patriotic... but can be if you choose.. heck, Red hearts in the blue sky works !

We definitely CAN cut down the number of sqs to 8 instead of 12 so then we only need 8 members to participate.. with you two LaurieJo and Quilt Addict that makes 5 participating.. and only need 3 more to avoid dups... IM game if yall are..

lauriejo 05-16-2014 01:19 PM

My fabrics would probably be a mix of some patriotic and some not. I am trying to cut down on how much I buy, or at least buy only on sale. So I am trying to use my stash.

luvTooQuilt 05-16-2014 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo (Post 6719063)
My fabrics would probably be a mix of some patriotic and some not. I am trying to cut down on how much I buy, or at least buy only on sale. So I am trying to use my stash.

thats what im doing as well... Use up what i have on hand .. No more buying for me.. not for a while.. i need to use up whats cluttering my room...

As for this swap.. anything will do- i do ask refrain from all holiday fabs Except 4th of july.. If that's all ya got then by golly it will just have to do..

PeginCO 05-17-2014 09:42 PM

So, can one set have more than one fabric if those fabrics ARE NOT in another set? I'm asking because I have 1/2 yard cuts of some of these color combos...not enough for 8 squares.

Also, this is probably a silly question, but what do people use the white noodles for? Sashing? Isn't that usually all the same fabric? Just curious. Thanks!