Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   May Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes April 30th 4pm CDT (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/may-secret-pal-swap-signup-closes-april-30th-4pm-cdt-t219913.html)

buslady 05-17-2013 06:12 AM

Well, my memory was jogged. By a great package from Heather, I think her board name is Yankeegirl. Laughed, with DD, I was on the phone talking to her when I opened the package and found a roll of pink and brown plaid DUCT TAPE!! I have been wanting to buy some for crafting with DGD, it never occured to me to put it on my wish list!! It will be on the next one. LOL Lots of great stuff in the package, it is sitting on my desk at work until DD comes up later. I will have her spread it out and take a picture for me. Fabric, TRUFFLES, wind chime, magazines, candles, Insulated glass, sticky notes...... did I say duck tape? Worth mentioning twice!! Made me smile, thank you sooooooo much Heather. Heather is a "newbee", and she did a wonderful job on this swap. Welcome aboard and many more to come. Sounds like a wedding toast, but it does fit. LOL

Grandma Peg 05-17-2013 06:23 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks Vicki W for an awesome package. She sent a vintage apron that her aunt had made-how special is that? Will take good care of it. Received some puppy treats (Buckley enjoys this swap as much as I do), 3 half yards of pretty blues, 2 half yards of black and white (for a future quilt), carmex, a darling bag filled with buttons, and 2 magazines.
Thanks so much!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]414012[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]414013[/ATTACH]

Krystyna 05-17-2013 06:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by buslady (Post 6068975)
...when I opened the package and found a roll of pink and brown plaid DUCT TAPE!! ...... did I say duck tape?

No. You actually said DUCT tape.
Thank you for spelling it correctly.
Well, the first time.
Sincerely yours,
The Spelling Police
[ATTACH=CONFIG]414017[/ATTACH]

quiltymom 05-17-2013 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 (Post 6067489)
I received my package from Patti Truckey sorry I do not know your screen name and tried to find it but find no Patti listed in Republic Michigan.... Here is a picture of what she sent me... Great package and a beautiful piece of aqua fabric among others and pins and a book can't wait to get started on It's name is I loved, I lost, I made Spaghetti ...Thank you Patti... Will send PM when I find your screen name...

Its under painiacs.

Nancy in Louisiana 05-17-2013 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by reeskylr (Post 6067883)
It's for those that haven't got a package after the deadline :) They bring food to keep you fat and happy. lol

And I'm bringing CHOCOLATE!!! Lots and lots of chocolate for everyone! K - don't be a wuss, stay outside tonite - its a beautiful nite ....oh! darn mosquitos! never mind, I'm going in now. See y'all tomorrow.

a

NanaKathy55 05-17-2013 07:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Received my SP package from sustraley..just wanted to say Thank for everything..I am including a picture of my goodies..
Thanks again
NanaKathy55

buslady 05-17-2013 07:57 AM

Actually, the BRAND is "DUCK", so HAH!!!!!! I do so hate it when the grammar and spelling are really bad, then I started this thing lately where my fingers don't do as instructed and I have soooo many typos. LOL

Sincerely yours,
The Spelling Police
[ATTACH=CONFIG]414017[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

Crafty Darlene 05-17-2013 10:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I know this is not the place you're supposed to share this. But wanted to share with my sp swap friends. A friend of mine closed her LQS last month. She decided when she opens her new shop that she is going to start all over, so she said come over and see what you want and I 'm going to have a yard sale. Well I get there and you won't believe this but she's selling it for $1 a yard, (still can't believe it) but you have to buy whats on the bolt she doesn't want to cut it. Moda, In the Beginning, Benartex, Newcastle, all really nice! It was almost overwelming, didn't know what to pick! Anyway I got over 300 yrs! Now to see where to store it, my sewing room is very small. But I'll find a place! LOL!

buslady 05-17-2013 11:00 AM

I'm on my way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't I wish. Lucky, lucky you.

fayzer 05-17-2013 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene (Post 6069521)
I know this is not the place you're supposed to share this. But wanted to share with my sp swap friends. A friend of mine closed her LQS last month. She decided when she opens her new shop that she is going to start all over, so she said come over and see what you want and I 'm going to have a yard sale. Well I get there and you won't believe this but she's selling it for $1 a yard, (still can't believe it) but you have to buy whats on the bolt she doesn't want to cut it. Moda, In the Beginning, Benartex, Newcastle, all really nice! It was almost overwelming, didn't know what to pick! Anyway I got over 300 yrs! Now to see where to store it, my sewing room is very small. But I'll find a place! LOL!

Darlene, That store isn't around here is it?