Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   May Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes April 30th 4pm CDT (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/may-secret-pal-swap-signup-closes-april-30th-4pm-cdt-t219913.html)

Jan Rutherford 05-20-2013 06:56 PM

Hi to my QUILTING friends: Received my may sp box today from barefoot quilter and the box was GAMMED with goodies. Fabric, fat quarters, emery boards in two sizes, needles, several sizes of scratch paper( which I use a lot), m&m candy, hand lotion, coin purse, magnetic photo frame, address book, 2 premade blocks, one is a house, and the other is a lavender sunbonnet sue, buttons, measuring gauge. I know there were things I forgot in this note... trying to put my memory to use without peeking!!! It was a great box... THANK YOU...It made my day :-)

As I watch the news my HEART goes out to the folks in Ok. that suffered that terrible tornado today.. Several others have been hit lately also... PLEASE keep these folks in your thought and prayers. Mother nature sometimes is not very nice!!

Lori Peercy 05-20-2013 07:39 PM

There are alot of people who have not let me know that they have received their packages and alot who have not mailed!! Or have not told me that they have mailed. This makes me feel like the date to mail is a joke and people send out their package out when they feel like it. As far as thanking people, that only happens half the time. I feel that the secret pal swap is being run by the swappers and to heck with the rules. If you have not let me know if you have mailed or received please send me a pm. Thank you, Lori

Nancy in Louisiana 05-21-2013 07:14 AM

Anyone else on the bench with me? Need to know how much chocolate to bring. I'm going out of town this weekend and will be gone until June 7, so I hope a surprise comes before then. I hope it comes Thurs, since that's my bday.

Sorry Lori for all the problems with the swap. I'm hoping the non-responders are that way due to valid reasons...but it only takes a few minutes to send you a quick note. Come on, everybody, we don't want to lose this swap or Lori. We should be above the age of requiring a courtesy monitor to make sure we follow rules. Maybe we need to set up a "reveal" date -- if a package isn't received by then, the sender must reveal to the recipient, either publicly or privately. Maybe to make things easier on Lori, only one SP should be allowed per person. Y'all know Lori has had some health issues this past year -- we should be trying to make this easier on her and not stressful. We love you, Lori, and we really appreciate the time and attention you have given this swap whether you feel well or not. I don't think that many of us would have been able to handle it as well as you have thru all the trials and tribulations. Thank you.

Krystyna 05-21-2013 07:21 AM

Oh, Nancy. Not again!!! Sweetie, you need a birthday treat.

Crafty Darlene 05-21-2013 08:10 AM

Totally agree with you Nancy, we should all be able to follow the rules. Lori does a fantastic job!!
I'm with Krystyna, sorry you are on the bench again. Happy Birthday in advance, hope you have a wonderful day!!

Knitette 05-21-2013 09:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got the first of my parcels - from Bilben in Canada! As you can see from the photo, I got wonderful fabric, FQs, Aurifil thread, stickers and most importantly - some beautiful cards. The cards are made at the copy shop she owns - aren't they fabulous? Thank you so much for the lovely parcel.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]414737[/ATTACH]

reeskylr 05-21-2013 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy (Post 6076278)
There are alot of people who have not let me know that they have received their packages and alot who have not mailed!! Or have not told me that they have mailed. This makes me feel like the date to mail is a joke and people send out their package out when they feel like it. As far as thanking people, that only happens half the time. I feel that the secret pal swap is being run by the swappers and to heck with the rules. If you have not let me know if you have mailed or received please send me a pm. Thank you, Lori

This should not be happening so often. It also seems like you end up with people being angels more often than not. Sounds like it is time to tighten the rules and kick those not participating correctly.

wanda lou 05-21-2013 09:27 AM

Lori sorry this keeps happening, Ok swapppers.... follow the rules.

Krystyna 05-21-2013 09:28 AM

Knittette, what gorgeous fabric. Bilben, what designers are they?

catjo 05-21-2013 09:49 AM

Nancy bring chocolate for me as I am sitting right next to you on the bench. Postman came today and no package. Bummer! I've never had to be on the bench this is a new experience for me. Hmmmm