Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   May Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes April 30th 4pm CDT (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/may-secret-pal-swap-signup-closes-april-30th-4pm-cdt-t219913.html)

Krystyna 06-01-2013 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy (Post 6096965)
Don't know why but I bought diced Dole peaches, bananas, diced peaches in strawberry jello I guess my body was craving fruit.

Did you have a coupon? That would explain it.

lauriejo 06-01-2013 06:10 AM

LOL coupons are sure to make for strange purchases!

Krystyna 06-01-2013 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo (Post 6097521)
LOL coupons are sure to make for strange purchases!

Yes! Ask me how I know ...

Lori Peercy 06-01-2013 07:56 AM

ssnare and wanda lou angels are on the case!

Belfrybat 06-01-2013 03:52 PM

Glad the angels are coming to the rescue, but it isn't right that has to happen. Just curious -- what happens to the folks who don't follow through? Are they banned from other swaps? Personally, I believe their names should be posted here as well so we know who they are. It's not that I want to be vindictive, but we have become a rather close-knit group and it seems a little peer pressure might be in order.

starshine 06-01-2013 04:54 PM

Wanda Lou Just saw that it is your birthday.Happy Birthday Bringing you some cake and Iced tea, would you like some ice cream with it?

Lori all the fruity stuff sounds good to me, maybe it is the warm weather and we know its time for fruit season.

jaba 06-01-2013 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat (Post 6098334)
Glad the angels are coming to the rescue, but it isn't right that has to happen. Just curious -- what happens to the folks who don't follow through? Are they banned from other swaps? Personally, I believe their names should be posted here as well so we know who they are. It's not that I want to be vindictive, but we have become a rather close-knit group and it seems a little peer pressure might be in order.

I agree with you Belfrybat, but have gotten in lots of hot water for expressing my opinion. Now I just send because I want to and love to, if I get one back I'm a very happy person, if not I figure they needed it worse than me. Do I still get upset, yes, but not as bad as I use to. Trying to learn to just "let it go". Sometimes harder than it should be, but I am trying.......

quiltingdragon 06-01-2013 05:34 PM

Hi All -
Power is finally back on!
Still no package from my second partner, but mail has been delayed getting here a bit by the storms we've had for the last few days.

brenda21 06-02-2013 12:14 AM

Lori- I have been craving fruit lately too...really wanted grapes...2 different grocery stores had no grapes!! you would think it was the middle of winter with the little bit of selection they had...oranges, apples and bananas...that was it! I did find a pineapple at the second store and got that and it was very tasty:thumbup:

Krystyna 06-02-2013 04:40 AM

Happy Birthday Wanda Lou!

On the subject of people who don't come through with their commitments, as a swap hostess, I think we have a way to handle it if only other hostesses would be consistent about it. We have a hostess group and we can actually list members who don't follow through so that others can remove them from their swaps . If there were truly extenuating circumstances we can then update. That way we're not dragging someone through the mud in public. Things happen in life and you want to be fair on both ends -- but we should also be kind.