Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

Tam...Moo 06-25-2012 05:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you Quiltermomma - I love these two beautiful blocks that you made for me. I am intrigued by the color combinations and the design - I have looked at this pattern but never been brave enough to try it. These are the first two blocks for my new quilt that I will make from my monthly swaps - I am so blessed with these two beautiful blocks and the gorgeous applique quilt from quiltermomma - I am the luckiest swapper ever![ATTACH=CONFIG]344660[/ATTACH]

Sauki1 06-26-2012 04:39 PM

Hi all! I'm Sauki1 (Angie) and I just signed up for the next swap. This sounds like a great opportunity to see some spectacular squares by some very talented quilters! I can't wait to start. :)

sustraley 06-27-2012 03:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome Sauki1--you will be so happy you joined this swap. Here is the beauty I received from zzmom. First one with my new color choices.

Ms Grace 06-27-2012 05:44 AM

very pretty blocks

Whigrose 06-27-2012 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by sustraley (Post 5319824)
Welcome Sauki1--you will be so happy you joined this swap. Here is the beauty I received from zzmom. First one with my new color choices.

I love, love, love the use of fabric designs and colors in this block.

best,
d

Oksewnsew 06-29-2012 07:19 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I received my block from Roe (Rosalie) yesterday and I love it - love the style of the block. Here's pics of the one she sent me and the ones I sent her. The 'windmill' block was a test, but it turned out a wee bit short - it was too pretty to pitch so sent it anyway. She liked both and said she'd use them in her quilt. I love this swap - hope we keep it up. It's been so quiet last couple months, guess everyone is busy w/outdoor work. Keep in touch everyone..;o)

Hugs to all,
Jean

[ATTACH=CONFIG]345406[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]345407[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]345408[/ATTACH]

SulaBug 06-29-2012 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew (Post 5325865)
I received my block from Roe (Rosalie) yesterday and I love it - love the style of the block. Here's pics of the one she sent me and the ones I sent her. The 'windmill' block was a test, but it turned out a wee bit short - it was too pretty to pitch so sent it anyway. She liked both and said she'd use them in her quilt. I love this swap - hope we keep it up. It's been so quiet last couple months, guess everyone is busy w/outdoor work. Keep in touch everyone..;o)

Hugs to all,
Jean

[ATTACH=CONFIG]345406[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]345407[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]345408[/ATTACH]

Jean............I just LOVE the blocks you have made for your partner!! They are all so pretty & the color's are wonderful. I haven't participated for the last year, but hopefully I can return in the Fall.
:D :D :D :D

sustraley 06-30-2012 03:00 AM

This board has the MOST TALENTED quilters!! Great job everyone.

Whigrose 06-30-2012 05:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well now- big bummer. I did up the two blocks for my June swap partner and I love them. But they have a problem. Sigh. Seems I overshot the sentence in the pattern where it instructs the sewer to use '1/4 scant seams'. Agh.

But my partner is amazing - I told her my dilemma and that I was going make up new blocks for her. And I promised her she would get them soon or I'd do the dishes. (She giggled and told me NOT to hurry. Imagine.)

Here's the blocks I goofed on. Her request was Depression blocks in bold colors.

How did I 'almost' do?

best,
d

Bluelady 06-30-2012 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Whigrose (Post 5329500)

How did I 'almost' do?

best,
d

Oh! I think those are wonderful blocks! I would find a way to use them! I love the colors.