Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

Crafty3790 08-09-2011 02:45 AM

I love the wig I always wanted to be blonde.it is such a diffucult thing to go thru.my mom had non Hodgekins lymphoma stage 4 I went to all of her chemo appointments went to help her choose her wig we tried to make it fun we put on different colors and styles and laughed at how some of them looked. When her eyebrows feel out and her lashes we played with makeup. She has been clean for 4 years now so keep good and positive spirits because it really helps. I have been clean for 17 years I had a partial masectomy so there are many survivors and she will be one too.

Morningcoffeegal 08-09-2011 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Crafty3790
I love the wig I always wanted to be blonde.it is such a diffucult thing to go thru.my mom had non Hodgekins lymphoma stage 4 I went to all of her chemo appointments went to help her choose her wig we tried to make it fun we put on different colors and styles and laughed at how some of them looked. When her eyebrows feel out and her lashes we played with makeup. She has been clean for 4 years now so keep good and positive spirits because it really helps. I have been clean for 17 years I had a partial masectomy so there are many survivors and she will be one too.

What an inspirational life story Crafty! Thanks for sharing so glad to hear you & your mom are both survivors! I have a several dear friends that have gone through breast cancer treatments and are survivors today! Lets keep the positive energy flowing for Cathy! Sending warm fuzzies her way!

TOOMANYUFO'S 08-09-2011 04:11 AM

Robert just said a prayer for Cathy and will keep her in my prayers. Please keep us posted on how she is doing. I'm sending Get Well Wishes.

nsmith529 08-09-2011 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011

Originally Posted by rfbrazell
Something that works for me, I use the sticky note on my computer and when a request comes I immediately post it on the sticky note. I also keep a spreadsheet with the screen name, mailing name, address , city, state, zip the theme and colors and patterns if they have a specific one.
That way I can use amail merege and print out my labels.
When the request is packaged and mailed I delete it from the sticky note. It pops up everymorning and reminds me what I have to work on.
R

Originally Posted by Morningcoffeegal

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
Everyone I swap with is on an index card. The card goes on my bulletin board until the block is done. Then back in the file box. What confuses me is when I get something without a screen name & have togo searching thru pms. This system sorta works!

I like that idea! But I hate to write, I would rather type! So I have my in an excel spreadsheet. Plus doing it this way I can cheat with cut/copy/paste. It's saved on my desktop so I dont have to search for it. I only misplace the printed copy! LOL I need a bullentin board I like that idea!

Maybe I sure put calendar on my desktop for it to pop up and tell what needs to be done, but my swaps might be few and inbetween, just found out my unemployement benfits have run out and no more weekly checks, now what will I do to keep from being bored...LOL Now I'm applying for SSI but sure I will be turned down, since I can't do the job any more..And its hard for me to do anything else with my lower back disablility and find it hard for someone to give me sit down, stand up, no walking to long job pretty much sums it up don't ya think.......

My mom is currently working on getting SSI for her back problems as well. She can't sit or stand or walk for long either. She has been denied twice for her claims and is now in works with a lawyer to get hers. My aunt is the same, being denied twice and now has a lawyer helping out as well. Mines a bit different because I was injured in the military so I get disability though them, so it was a bit easier. But good luck on yours.

nattoddboyd 08-09-2011 04:46 AM

I hope your wife is feeling better really soon!

quilting Carol 08-09-2011 07:16 AM

2 Attachment(s)
two swaps I have done for this month 1. is for jkferrari aka Jean I wish the second star had more contrast... I should of remade before sending. 2. is for Fromzstore aka Linda. I hope you like ...pictures are to follow...wait...

toriabelle 08-09-2011 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Morningcoffeegal
ok here's a question for you novice quilters! I went to an estate sale yesterday and there was a bin of threads mostly cones, most of them wrapped still in original packaging.

My ? is how long can you keep thread till it breaks down & dry rots?

Not sure if some of what I got will be worth working with afraid it may break alot since I don't know how old it really is. The cones that were wrapped went for .25 & .50 cents. Alot of great colors. I ended up spending $7.00 dollars and got a ton of thread & a box full of notions. I even managed to find a brand new Janome ruffler still in the sealed package. Luv that find!

Depends on what they're made of. Cotton needs to be used soonest, along with rayon, polyester lasts a long,long time.

toriabelle 08-09-2011 07:59 AM

For Immemother, rbrazell,rlcl,dotty--blocks in mail this. Abject appologies for lateness. Whoops!!! also Fromzstore x 3!!! Will have to hold back for rest of Aug. but will be a SWAPPING ANIMAL in Sept.!!! Also want to say to all doing the drop dead gorgeous paper piecing-- I am at this time neither good enough nor can I afford appropriate paper for paper piecing but will continue to do the best, most accurate piecing and applique I can.

Morningcoffeegal 08-09-2011 08:01 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok I have a block on my cutting board waiting to be finished it started a conversation this am with Mike & myself! Still havn't decided which background fabric to go with..........soooo...
help me decide? Let me know which one to go with? The majority will rule with this one!

this is a black musical symbol fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]238979[/ATTACH]

this is what it looks like on white
[ATTACH=CONFIG]238980[/ATTACH]

this is what it looks like on red
[ATTACH=CONFIG]238981[/ATTACH]

shnnn 08-09-2011 08:03 AM

I like the red... or the black... the white is too much white I think