Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

lindyline 01-11-2012 01:07 PM

[QUOTE=Oksewnsew;4865042]I would like to know why a lot aren't responding - do they not check the board as often as we do? :)
Speaking for myself, it's because life throws us curveballs and we sometimes find it hard to deal with all that is going on. I have been less active on the board than I would like. and have been very slack at responding to pms. For this I would apologise to all, also my swap prtners who have yet to receive their blocks. They will all be honored, but I am having a hard time catching up.
Robert, thank you so much for the beautiful purple blocks you sent. The pics on here just do not do them justice. I am in the midst of your fan blocks. Hope to send them on Tuesday next week.

Difergie 01-11-2012 01:10 PM

I never heard from my last month's partner either. PM MadeinMaine so that she can delete some people off the list. I think maybe we lost several with the changeover in format....

rfbrazell 01-11-2012 02:47 PM

Lindyline, Take a deep breath. We all get those times in our lives. I coming out of one with Cathy's Breast cancer treatment, now that it's over and the Doc's said things look real good. I can breath now.
Glad you liked your blocks.
R[QUOTE=lindyline;4865068]

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew (Post 4865042)
I would like to know why a lot aren't responding - do they not check the board as often as we do? :)
Speaking for myself, it's because life throws us curveballs and we sometimes find it hard to deal with all that is going on. I have been less active on the board than I would like. and have been very slack at responding to pms. For this I would apologise to all, also my swap prtners who have yet to receive their blocks. They will all be honored, but I am having a hard time catching up.
Robert, thank you so much for the beautiful purple blocks you sent. The pics on here just do not do them justice. I am in the midst of your fan blocks. Hope to send them on Tuesday next week.

Crafty3790 01-12-2012 03:35 AM

Whigrose it's great to have a fellow Mainer I live on the coast by Camden

hsquiltingmom 01-12-2012 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew (Post 4865042)
I would like to know why a lot aren't responding - do they not check the board as often as we do? :) I sent a msg. to last month's swappee, and one the other day to my current swappee and haven't heard from either.

I wish people would respond. I have heard from my swap partner once, but I have questions for her, and she has not responded to me. I am confused as what I need to do.

hsquiltingmom 01-12-2012 06:55 AM

All is good. Just heard from my swap partner.

hsquiltingmom 01-12-2012 07:14 AM

Now I have another question. My partner said she is new at this, and so she doesn't have a lot of theme to work with. One of my favorite blocks is the Ohio Star. I thought since she was from Ohio that would work great. My question is colors, she doesn't have anything specific. So, I am asking you to help me decide on colors. What would you go with?

QuilterMomma 01-12-2012 08:46 AM

I would go with a neutral color, a blue and white or a brown and off white. Then she can decide from there.

P Quilty 01-12-2012 09:27 AM

Nice blocks I like the contrast on the blue and white one , very nice indeed

Originally Posted by coconuts (Post 4864954)
My two blocks for January partner

rfbrazell 01-12-2012 10:14 AM

What about using the colors of the ohio flag, which is red, white and blue and the state flower is the scarlett carnation. Maybe that would be a good start.
Welcome aboard,
All the best
Robert

Originally Posted by hsquiltingmom (Post 4867343)
Now I have another question. My partner said she is new at this, and so she doesn't have a lot of theme to work with. One of my favorite blocks is the Ohio Star. I thought since she was from Ohio that would work great. My question is colors, she doesn't have anything specific. So, I am asking you to help me decide on colors. What would you go with?