Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-version-lll-t231362.html)

Oksewnsew 11-30-2013 07:09 PM

ATTENTION ALL: I AM NOT YELLING, :) JUST 'CAPPING' ALL SO IT WILL CATCH EVERYONE'S ATTENTION. IF THERE IS ANYONE THAT HAS NOT HEARD FROM THEIR PARTNER BY NOW, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I HAVE SEVERAL THAT HAVE NOTIFIED ME AND I'VE TAKEN CARE OF THAT SITUATION. PLEASE PM ME

I know some have had things come up and are late, but they have let their partners know. I am working on the swap list, so it will posted probably early in morn, I may give out before I get it done tonite..lololo I've had several drop for a month or so, but they will be back. Thanks to all that have kept up with their partners, I appreciate it.

Jean

JuanitaBean 11-30-2013 07:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I did a side swap with Rroberto he asked for a star block and I asked for Butterflys

moonwork42029 11-30-2013 08:48 PM

After a family reunion on Saturday, I asked my Hubby if we could stop at Joann's on the way home (closest one to me is 90 minutes away) and he said no problem.

Well... did I ever get my Christmas early!

Go cutters and dies were 40% off -- so I now have a full size Go cutter, dies of 2 1/2 strips, log cabin, 6 1/2 squares, tumbler plus one more I can't recall name of and mats for all of them.

Then I had a 50% off for a new 24 x 36 cutting mat ... ka-ching

and wonders of wonders... Joann's had a special of buy the 18W Ottlight ($109) and get the 24W Ottlight free ($209)...yes, the more expensive one was FREE!!!! We got extra bulbs for both as they were 50% off.

According to the receipt, I SAVED $525 dollars!!!! Yes, my hubby was helping carry stuff and stack it in the cart. He wanted me to get a new iron but I passed on it.

Talk about a surprise stop, this was one for the books. Whoop Whoop, see me do the happy dance:p

moonwork42029 11-30-2013 08:48 PM

Juanita -- what is the name / link for that wonderful star? It is super looking.

Oksewnsew 11-30-2013 08:53 PM

Holy moly Moonwork, you made out like a bandit - good for you..

JuanitaBean 11-30-2013 09:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It is from Carol Doak's Simply Sensational 9-Patch Stars Book unit#7 and 4 1/2" sqs. 4 whites and 1 red ( center).
This is a great PP Book cones with a CD
I got your block today love it Thanks

JuneBillie 12-01-2013 01:08 AM

I love all the latest quilt blocks they are so colorful with beautiful patterns. I look forward to our next one.

JuneBillie 12-01-2013 01:13 AM

The paper piecing is very pretty, but I guess I should mention that I have not learned paper piecing enough to do a block using that technique. I do have a book on it, and I did struggle to make a very small one, but I haven't done any in awhile so you really wouldn't want me doing that way. lol......

TheMamaHauser 12-01-2013 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie (Post 6432330)
The paper piecing is very pretty, but I guess I should mention that I have not learned paper piecing enough to do a block using that technique. I do have a book on it, and I did struggle to make a very small one, but I haven't done any in awhile so you really wouldn't want me doing that way. lol......

June, there are a ton of free PP (foundation method) patterns on the internet (just go to Pinterest!). I started out with PP my flying geese and was so happy I started experimenting with other things. Give it a go... you won't regret it.

Oksewnsew 12-01-2013 08:31 AM

OK, the list of partners is listed.. Go see and have fun. :)