Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MUG RUG #2 - Closed/Full (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/mug-rug-2-closed-full-t218898.html)

Nelco 04-15-2013 09:16 AM

I am going to keep all of you guessing for a little bit longer :D

jaba..Have a safe a wonderful vacation.

Brat..you are getting to know me to well :D

jaba 04-15-2013 09:34 AM

Just was hoping I could get it made and sent before I left. Won't be back until maybe the 20th of May. Have to try an do internet on the way if I don't have a name yet.

Lizzytish 04-15-2013 10:51 AM

Well as I said before anything goes here if you get me as a partner. I for one like to be surprised with colors and techniques we all do! Some colors I would never think of putting together look great. Whatever flows through you at the time. Just have FUN!

DustysMomma 04-15-2013 03:26 PM

Me, I don't care what my partner wants. I'm going to make what I like! :D

(WHACK!)

Elisabrat! You know I was joking!

I was watching Eddie Murphy last night talking about his mom throwing shoes at him. He said she was quick draw like Clint Eastwood in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, lol.

Nelco 04-15-2013 06:06 PM

Jaba I will let your partner know you are away from internet and will get in touch when you get back home :)

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 6003404)
Just was hoping I could get it made and sent before I left. Won't be back until maybe the 20th of May. Have to try an do internet on the way if I don't have a name yet.

Elisabrat 04-15-2013 06:18 PM

oh I can throw shoes! mine however never do damage they have to weight 2 oz or less so shoot going to go for the big guns.. where are those fuzzy socks of mine. they ahve those sticky non slip things on the bottom those have to weight a lot more.. coming for you..

as to make whatever you want oh there is nothing that gives me high stress more.. make what i want and you hate it say oh how lovely others start making the same thing and see how bad that could be? lol dont do it. be specific or semi specific.. or the right now specific but say something oh my gosh. seriously folks. its not kinder to say just go for it .. its a lot harder on your partner than if you said hey I love flowers or cows or stripes! or modern or very traditional anything.. just give it a whirl. bet you both end up happy. Nelco I think this waiting game is terrifically fun. I am not minding at all. see. no whining no, crying, no poking at you nothing.. happy as a beaver waiting.. (ever seen a happy beaver? me neither).. but hey I am the consumate happy camper. anyone buying into my speel yet? good. phew. knew a few would .. the rest of you silence. no comments on my patience at all. whatsoever. I have those socks in hand waiting go for it just try it.. dustysmomma stand still while I bean you my aim sucks so close your eyes I am aiming at your hips. it sucks that bad btw.

DustysMomma 04-15-2013 06:32 PM

Your aim can't be any worse than mine girly! I was tossing something to the girl at the desk across from me last week and it ended up hanging enough of a left turn that it ended up on the cabinet outside the boss's office! :D

I didn't sit still for my momma to beat me, and she usually had me by one arm, but you think I'm going to be still for you to beat me? LOL! YEAH RIGHT!

Lstew2212 04-15-2013 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Lizzytish (Post 6003525)
Well as I said before anything goes here if you get me as a partner. I for one like to be surprised with colors and techniques we all do! Some colors I would never think of putting together look great. Whatever flows through you at the time. Just have FUN!

I agree with Lizzytish, I also like to be surprised I like to see what everybody is doing and what type of quilting is their favorite. I am excited to find out who my partner is. I have several ideas running around in my head.

nancia 04-15-2013 06:44 PM

i don't throw things. my hand lets go whenever, so half the time it goes behind me, some of the time i hit my own head, and the rest of the time it drops like a bomb 5' in front of me. i once was able to put a decent spiral on a football. after i was married that didn't seem like such a marketable skill. my dh is no athlete! and, obviously, neither am i! LOL so you all be as bad as you want i'm sitting here glowing under the light of my shiny sparkling halo. no, brat. it is not a plastic tiara and a nightlite.! i am going to my quiltyfriend's house tomorrow to play. her old man dog is seriously ill, so we may not get any playing done, or we'll sew frantically. it is so hard to know the end is near. you don't want to rob them of precious time, nor do you want them to suffer. such a hard choice. perhaps in his case it won't be so hard to know. he is a sweet wonderful old boy and i hate to see him sick, and it will be hard to part ways.

Nelco 04-15-2013 09:09 PM

Be careful what you though to each other. I only allow softie things. Cotton balls will do or maybe feathers.
Brat you starting trouble already? Just keep it soft. :D

Nanci my thoughts go out to your quiltiefriend and her poor puppie.