Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MUG RUG #2 - Closed/Full (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/mug-rug-2-closed-full-t218898.html)

WeeFi 04-21-2013 02:08 AM

Don't stress Elisabrat. I think as long as its in the mail by 15th we're OK. I won't be worried about it anyways...I have been working on yours today..... Not quite done yet......

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 6015835)
well hells bells! thanks for the heads up for some reason I thought the mail out was later due to the late name contact your partner. this moves the project up a tiny bit.. oh dear this weekend even. I have a longer mail date than a lot of you as it takes at least 7 days to reach our kiwi friends. I think I am going to go off kilter forgive me as this is your first swap WEE FI.. it just happens every so often. You should have figured from my posts it happens to me a bit. AND you did open those door for all but this.. lol next time you might think it again :)

oh who thinks 70's sheep will look? as bad as all that? fine I own no sheep fabric though I saw some on ebay they were knitting omg I need that one red black and white tell me that isnt the cutest thing? I did make a whole wombat quilt with Aussie fabric once nope no wombats in the stash either (feel free to send me samples those who own any) ..and I have so much CHICKEN fabric thought there were a ton of chicken fans out there nope apparently not. so WEE FI you wont get chickens either. You will get.. me in a mug rug.

Quiltaddiction 04-21-2013 03:45 AM

I have sent a pm to my partner Momma_K and waiting to hear back about likes/dislikes. I have picked a couple of ideas. They may work or not. Lots of things to work with.

Elisabrat 04-21-2013 06:49 PM

ok I am not nuts I thought it was later too.. oh well wee fi I am working on your mystery mug rug! oh joy! fast fast fast and I move like that turtle in the race.. very not so fast. I love making these as they can be pretty, silly, themed, all sorts of options. I am feeling fall colors for you Wee Fi is that cool with you? I am excited to whip this up. tomorrow I sketch and then its all about implimenting it. one day at a time. and its almost a month from the mail date so not too bad at all.. ok 3 weeks still a lot of time .. phew!

nancia 04-22-2013 01:40 AM

i'm so excited!! i finished the quilt and just need to find the address and off it goes!! phew!! also, including mistakes-- i have one needle case finished. i will work on the pincushions and then mughugs and??? oh, yeah, a wall hanging. my quilty friend and i had a blast saturday working on the applique' part of the unit. lots of fun and giggles!!

WeeFi 04-22-2013 02:01 AM

Am totally cool with fall colours! Soooo exciting.

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 6017855)
ok I am not nuts I thought it was later too.. oh well wee fi I am working on your mystery mug rug! oh joy! fast fast fast and I move like that turtle in the race.. very not so fast. I love making these as they can be pretty, silly, themed, all sorts of options. I am feeling fall colors for you Wee Fi is that cool with you? I am excited to whip this up. tomorrow I sketch and then its all about implimenting it. one day at a time. and its almost a month from the mail date so not too bad at all.. ok 3 weeks still a lot of time .. phew!

Lizzytish 04-22-2013 02:06 AM

Binding

I found this site for easy binding of a mug rug.
www.made-by-rae.com
Scroll down until you see cheater quilt bind off, then scroll towards the bottom.
Very easy, this is what I use now. I used it on placemats yesterday.
Have fun!
If this doesn't take you to the home page click on tutorials on top of page.
Hope this is informational for some I know it was for me.

sikesjj 04-22-2013 04:57 AM

Only kind of binding that I do!

This is the only kind of binding that I do and making great mitered corners is super easy, in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Lizzytish (Post 6018092)
I found this site for easy binding of a mug rug.
www.made-by-rae.com
Scroll down until you see cheater quilt bind off, then scroll towards the bottom.
Very easy, this is what I use now. I used it on placemats yesterday.
Have fun!
If this doesn't take you to the home page click on tutorials on top of page.
Hope this is informational for some I know it was for me.

mary quilting 04-22-2013 06:07 AM

I have an idea of what I'm going to make .I know I have the fabric. now going to try to find it in my stash.

Elisabrat 04-22-2013 06:24 AM

I have never tried that I guess I am stuck in the traditional mode. I dont like sewing the binding down on the back by machine either .. hate that seam. lol.. oh dear I am becoming my mother lol.

I have my fabrics out on the counter today is a happy mug rug day!

stitchingpost 04-22-2013 09:00 AM

did i miss something,,,,,,i havent got my partterns name in a pm..and i cant find a list of names,,