Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Mug Rug Block Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/mug-rug-block-swap-t222266.html)

abdconsultant 05-28-2013 03:46 AM

Get ready for tomorrows 1st game of 6, goodies are awaiting.....Oh.. by the way...you must be signed up for the swap to participate, no guessing first.
Well we've got a list already. I think this is a good time to start a game a week until we're through; I've got goodies to give. So every wednesday starting may 29th until our mail date of July 10th I will post a series of questions and the first thru third ( I will draw from) to answer correctly will get a prize!:thumbup:

mhobbs 05-28-2013 06:49 AM

Question on Mug Rug Swap

Sorry if this is a stupid question but, will we make mug rugs according to someone else's color or theme requests or do we create our own design for this swap? Is this a one time swap or will we be swapping over a period of time? If so, how long is the swap and how many mug rugs does it entail?

Sorry if there was a previous post that I missed.

abdconsultant 05-28-2013 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by mhobbs (Post 6089882)
Sorry if this is a stupid question but, will we make mug rugs according to someone else's color or theme requests or do we create our own design for this swap? Is this a one time swap or will we be swapping over a period of time? If so, how long is the swap and how many mug rugs does it entail?

Sorry if there was a previous post that I missed.

Your choice of colors, and block design. Just one block mug rug this swap, after this swap we may have another one which you can sign up for at that time.

nurse bonnie 05-28-2013 12:59 PM

I am in, too. Sending you a pm now. I love mug rugs!

applique 05-28-2013 04:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Been busy, so many possibilities so little time! Working on mug rugs for fall right now.

Dedemac 05-28-2013 06:39 PM

I am jumping in, first time for a swap. Sent my PM.

jaba 05-28-2013 06:52 PM

Sent my PM also, now to think about a mug rug. applique like your little faces but the spider gives me goosebumps. No spiders here please or mice. Trust me, not good.

abdconsultant 05-28-2013 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by applique (Post 6090919)
Been busy, so many possibilities so little time! Working on mug rugs for fall right now.

you're ahead of me, love the spider!

abdconsultant 05-29-2013 11:36 AM

Here is the 1st Mug Rug Swap Quiz;
Good luck everyone!

Send me a pm with your answers.
Up to the first three members with correct answers, I will draw from for the winner.

I want everyone to have a chance to win over the next 6 weeks.
I will post the winner this Friday May 31[SUP]st[/SUP]

• What is railroaded fabric? ___________________________
  • Name three quilt blocks that are inspired by buildings or structure.____________ __________ _________
  • What century was the signature quilt started?_______________
  • What is the process used to make Batik fabrics? ___________
  • The part of your sewing machine that will produce a perfect stitch if adjusted correctly is the ____________.
  • Color value is demonstrated by the use of a ________when choosing fabric.

Quilty-Louise 05-29-2013 01:06 PM

Lets see how well I do LOL.

I sent a pm with my answers.

Originally Posted by abdconsultant (Post 6092383)
Here is the 1st Mug Rug Swap Quiz;
Good luck everyone!

Send me a pm with your answers.
Up to the first three members with correct answers, I will draw from for the winner.

I want everyone to have a chance to win over the next 6 weeks.
I will post the winner this Friday May 31[SUP]st[/SUP]

• What is railroaded fabric? ___________________________
  • Name three quilt blocks that are inspired by buildings or structure.____________ __________ _________
  • What century was the signature quilt started?_______________
  • What is the process used to make Batik fabrics? ___________
  • The part of your sewing machine that will produce a perfect stitch if adjusted correctly is the ____________.
  • Color value is demonstrated by the use of a ________when choosing fabric.