Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MUG RUG SWAP....Sign ups closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/mug-rug-swap-sign-ups-closed-t207882.html)

rwquilts 01-17-2013 05:51 AM

Got my name...thank you Nelco! I have many thoughts about what I might want to make to mail out. :) This will be fun!

Belfrybat 01-17-2013 06:43 AM

I received my name yesterday and thankfully she has her favourite colours in her bio. I hadn't thought about doing that until I read about it on my thread. So, whoever has my name can just go to my bio to see my preferences.

Elisabrat 01-17-2013 06:56 AM

Belfry I thought you said your preference was it be made out of fabric. you love fabric you said? right? so far that is a good start :)

Marybeth send out last of Jan I think is cut of deadline. They go fast :) I am sorry your going back in time right now it does have a finish point though. Maybe it sucks but its also good. a finite moment. Keep one foot in front of the other and stop thinking so much as just moving. it will get done.

today I make my pretty little something. I know there will be some terrific ones done. I also know my limitations so I am going for pretty and pray that is enough.

dialysis is out today. My driver is sick. crud. like bad news/ok news. body needs diaylsis. my mind says well make lemonaide out of a lemon.. sew :) not spending time thinking on it. it is.. what it is. shoot though.

LAQUITA 01-17-2013 07:39 AM

Got my partners name too! She likes colors that are cool and calming. Kind of like the ocean when on a cruise! Lol
Can't wait to get started on her mug rug!

Have a great day ladies!

Gigi07 01-17-2013 10:39 AM

Yea!! I have my partners info.... Now to get started... good day for it as it is raining and calling for snow later! Happy sewing all! ;-)

buddy'smom 01-17-2013 10:57 AM

Have all names been sent??? I didn't get one.

gzuslivz 01-17-2013 10:58 AM

I have my partner's name. She also does the monthly secret pal swap (as do I). I was doing some stalking and found out a couple of things about her. But there wasn't much. Maybe we all should check out our own bios and add some of our likes to it. Think about what you would like to see on your partner's bio. I have a few ideas for mine, only because I followed her around on the board. lol Thank goodness stalking isn't illegal here:)

Nelco 01-17-2013 11:23 AM

Kimberly..I just sent you a PM.. Sorry for the miss.

Originally Posted by buddy'smom (Post 5792982)
Have all names been sent??? I didn't get one.

CAS49OR 01-17-2013 11:44 AM

I like your idea Dotty. I made mine soon after I signed up, it reminds me of my state, Oregon. It may not be the preferred color but I hope my SP likes surprises as much as I do. I modified a pattern I found that had a holiday theme.

Some people seem so inspired and talented which is kind of intimidating to a beginner, but I think swaps like this are about the fun of meeting people. I've read all the posts, it's enjoyable.

I like everything but I'm partial to girly type flowery stuff and pastels. On the other hand I intend to make a modern type quilt of bold batiks (Purples, Reds, Black) with the QB BOTM blocks. I made a paper pieced needle-book for an exchange here on the QB with yellows and reds and orange which are not my style but reminded me of the state where I was sending it to -- and I learned something new!

jaba 01-17-2013 11:53 AM

nancia, when you sign up you need to ask for 2