Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   November/December FQ (Fat Quarter) Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/november-december-fq-fat-quarter-swap-t234931.html)

kiffie2413 12-20-2013 04:29 AM

Lauriejo,
I hear ya on waiting to have grandkids for a bit...our son was 28 in July, had bought his house right after he graduated college...What's funny is I used to think I hope he waits to settle down until he's thru with college..well, he graduated college, he has a great job, he bought his house...so then I would tease him that I was going to be my own grandma since it appeared I would never be anyone elses...he would come back at me with, "I know, now when I am thinking about asking a girl out, I am going to see if they have grandkids instead of kids as OLD as I am getting!". Did I mention he has a smarty arty sense of humor just like mine, and dh's??!!...LOL

That sparkly pine cone fabric in the center is the exact same one I included in the 2 pkgs I sent out to my swapees this month. You are so right, it is a lovely fabric! I have yardage of it, or I am not sure I would have shared it...kidding, kidding..I would have, if only because Santa is watching us this time of year, eh??!!:p Love all of the ones you received, too...
Kif
PS The snowman fabric IS darling! It is sparkly, too..matter of fact, all but the penguins and the Church snow scenes are sparkly. My partner really outdid herself this month!

bjsmith57 12-20-2013 10:58 AM

I received lovely fq from Nancyw. Thank you so much.
Billie bjsmith57

createfourpaws 12-20-2013 04:23 PM

Missed mail man today, my 2 will be in the mail in the morning. Postage printed, one going west and the other going southeast.

tubsfam 12-20-2013 04:49 PM

to my two swappers, husband's been sick and is really a big baby. Haven't been out of the house till today to mail my fq's. I'm sorry they will be late.So please hang in there.

tubsfam...Marie

maggy 12-20-2013 06:35 PM

Brenda hope things are well with you. My package was ready to go as soon as I got my name.Got my walking in Monday and walked my package to the post office. Have a nice holiday.

lauriejo 12-21-2013 03:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got my second set of FQs and they all play together so nicely. I think they want to be my new tree skirt, what do you guys think?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]452738[/ATTACH]
Thanks Rosemary!

kiffie2413 12-21-2013 06:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Received my 2nd set of fqs today, from bjsmith57. They were all tied up with a pretty red ribbon, had an old fashioned Christmas card enclosed...brought me memories of Christmases past with my Nanny (grandma) and Ma (great-grandma). They are the 2 who taught me to love fabric, and to sew and hand quilt...
Thanks so much, Billie, for the lovely fabrics ( hard to pic a favorite, but the red and green plaid with the sparkles really says "old fashioned Christmas" to me). And thanks for spurring wonderful memories!
Regards,
Kif
Here is a pic:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]452765[/ATTACH]

tlambing 12-21-2013 07:50 PM

The Fat quarters for my partners will go out Monday. Sorry for my tardiness, but we all know how crazy this time of year is.

Happy Holidays All!

tlambing 12-22-2013 08:13 PM

fq's all packaged and going east tomorrow. But isn't everywhere east of California?

BDawn 12-23-2013 03:07 PM

Just stopping in to wish all of my swapping friends a Merry Christmas and God's blessing of peace,good health be your's this coming New Year. Looking forward to future swapping :)