Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   October Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Sept 30th 4pm CDST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/october-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-sept-30th-4pm-cdst-t201379.html)

brenda21 10-04-2012 03:55 PM

Kelly~yes that's what I meant....sorry you've been having a crappy few weeks...I hadn't seen you post on any of the threads and I sent a PM about the ornament swap and didn't hear from you and just wanted to make sure you were ok ((((hugs))))....can't believe you all have snow!!

TheMamaHauser 10-04-2012 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 5562451)
Kelly~yes that's what I meant....sorry you've been having a crappy few weeks...I hadn't seen you post on any of the threads and I sent a PM about the ornament swap and didn't hear from you and just wanted to make sure you were ok ((((hugs))))....can't believe you all have snow!!

I thought about joining for 2.3 seconds and then said, "probably not this year," and this is why: I have consistently made quilts for auction to raise money for the wounded EOD warrior project every year - 2 per year: a small one in November and then a big holy-crap-that's-huge one in the spring. The one for the spring is turning out to be a bit more intricate than I'd planned and I've had to scrap and restart twice now. I am worried if I add a single extra sewing project to my plate, it'll never get finished. It is going to be made entirely of 4.5" signature squares with the name of each and every EOD (bomb squad) technician across all 4 services that have died and been put on the memorial wall. The putting the name on the block has been the problem part, but I think I've finally found a solution there. The blocks are white with black corners and it is going to be very solemn and stark looking - and powerful. The quilt I did in 2010 raised almost $8,000 at auction, and the money all goes toward scholarships for children whose parent was an EOD tech that has died or toward supporting wounded EOD technicians as they reintegrate into society.

SEGASAL 10-04-2012 05:08 PM

Yep, I think that MEADOW should get all of the boxes .... it would make His mommy very happy. Training is going well. We worked at night again tonight and I could not believe that I walked at night in my town and I was not really scared that I would miss something !!! It felt so good!

TOOMANYUFO'S 10-04-2012 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 5562300)
Went shopping for my SP this morning and found a few more thing I could fit in that box and sent it out today so it should be coming to you shortly. Had so much fun shopping for you. You are east of me and you have meow's and woof's that live at your house.

:)Yup, this could be me for sure. I'll be watching and waiting.

TOOMANYUFO'S 10-04-2012 08:36 PM

I haven't seen my sp post before, but I'll give clues in case she is reading them. She wants something homemade,has doggies, and likes batiks.

I'll post pics of granddog dressed up. Got to get new batteries for the camera.

Up North 10-04-2012 08:38 PM

Dang i do not see a a trip to the fabric store in the near future gonna have to shop here in town and we have no fabric! Hope my secret pal is not to dissapointed! I will find some goodies I am sure!

wanda lou 10-04-2012 11:10 PM

just popping in to say hi, still working on your packages.

gzuslivz 10-04-2012 11:24 PM

So I guess I'm not doing this month's swap. I asked on the 1st if I was too late to sign up, but never heard anything. So, I'll see you all next month.

Vanogay 10-05-2012 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by SEGASAL (Post 5562618)
Yep, I think that MEADOW should get all of the boxes .... it would make His mommy very happy. Training is going well. We worked at night again tonight and I could not believe that I walked at night in my town and I was not really scared that I would miss something !!! It felt so good!

I think I should have borrowed Meadow. I was out walking yesterday (broad daylight) and tripped and fell. Yep, you guessed it - broke my shoulder. Got the humerus bone right at the shoulder. In a 'stabilizer' - at least it dtdn't require surgery or an overnight in the hospital. Made a three-point landing - got the right knee pretty bad, my left hand and elbow plus the shoulder. Ever saw "The Walking Dead"? That's what I feel like. Pretty sore this a.m.

Now, Secret Pals - I think your boxes were mostly finished (thank goodness), but hubby will have to help with the finishing and the mailing. My boxes stay in the general vicinity of me. I'll try to get them done and mailed early next week as I am movuvg very slowly.

quiltnut4ever 10-05-2012 03:21 AM

Vanogay I hope you heal soon! This weekend I will be working on my SPs package. I'm really tired this morning and keep asking myself "Is it 5 o'clock yet?", and the answer at 7:30 am? Yes it is...SOMEWHERE ELSE! LOL! Everyone have a wonderful day!