Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   October Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Sept 30th 4pm CDST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/october-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-sept-30th-4pm-cdst-t201379.html)

Anastasia 10-06-2012 11:16 PM

SharonAnne, your greys are loverly.. I hope mine are as dignified when they start being more than the blondes. I have an aunt that is ALLLL white hair, I love it. I wish mine would go all white at once.. and brilliant white.. doubt I'll get that lucky but.. eh a girl can hope :D

TOOMANYUFO'S 10-07-2012 05:22 AM

SharonAnne I guess I'm not your sp. The one item I wanted would not cost over $10. Your grays are beautiful.

catjo 10-07-2012 07:22 AM

My package went out on the 5th. This person is SW of me and zippy adds up to 24. That is the start of my hints. Will try to post another tomorrow.

Sharon, I love the cowl, if your SP doesn't want it, they can send it to me. :)

catpawski 10-07-2012 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Missus Fear (Post 5566988)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]367996[/ATTACH]
Finished Fat Kitty for my SP today, just need to block and wash.

Hint: my sp has not posted in this thread and is fairly new here I think.

I want to be your Secret pal..............love the kitty wall hanging

luvstoquilt 10-07-2012 10:49 AM

Laquita I am so happy to hear you got Shea home! I hope she is better soon.

Tracy, I post all the time so I know that is not my cat! RATS!!! I love it..will you share the pattern name? I made my sister a pillow once with a cat on it..similar I think the bird was on the cat's head...I am going to go find that pattern if I can!

Happy Sunday everyone.

sew_Tracy 10-07-2012 11:53 AM

Hi luvs. The pattern name is "Night and Day" by Carolee Pollock. It came from Snow Angel Publishing in Wasilla, Alaska from 1995!

Thanks all of the compliments. I kind of like the goofy looking kitty myself. The original pattern does not call for any "fat trapunto", but I figured since the litty was appliqued onto a background that would eventually get sandwiched with another back, might as well give it a try!

Hint: fat kitty is stuffed for a reason :D

shortmom5 10-07-2012 02:13 PM

[QUOTE=catjo;5568274]My package went out on the 5th. This person is SW of me and zippy adds up to 24. That is the start of my hints. Will try to post another tomorrow.

Could it be me? :o

shortmom5 10-07-2012 02:15 PM

Another clue for my SP, you like fall colors.

SharonAnne 10-07-2012 05:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The hooded cowl is finished (it made up much faster than I expected) and will be sent on time to _____________. My SP this month is not one that I have had before.

The photos are on a styrofoam mannequin so you can get an idea of what it is supposed to look like - front and side view. Sorry for the different colors and the humongous size of the photos. I just cannot tame my camera and I always have to crop to get the size down. It does much better with outside photos. The color is inbetween the colors shown.

I have plans to complete my mini-quilt tonight so I can send my photos in for the contest. I can't show you yet, but I hope you will take a look on Oct 14-20th and vote for the one you like best. Hope there are a lot of people entering!!!

Oh, and thanks for the all your kind comments about my greys. My DGM and my DM had and have pure white hair - can't wait for that to happen. Guess I'm well on my way!! lol.

LAQUITA 10-07-2012 05:25 PM

Ohhh Sharon,
Now that I see how it is to be used I LOVE IT!!!! Can I order one for you? I know it would of been GREAT these last 2 weeks in the hospital with our daughter as I froze in her room (she feels better keeping it cool b/c being warm/hot cuases her to itch and break out in a rash.) There were nights I slept with my hooded sweatshirt on, so THIS would be great!!!! Please PM me with a price if you don't mind making another one,
Blessings to you for a great week!