Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   One Pair Pieced & Quilted Placemat Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/one-pair-pieced-quilted-placemat-swap-t174889.html)

abdconsultant 01-08-2012 09:33 AM

One Pair Pieced & Quilted Placemat Swap

<dir>Sign up time for the Quilting Board's 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Pieced & Quilted pair of placemats Swap.
Open to established members.

Project; 1 Pair of Pieced & Quilted Placemats
Theme is; Let’s talk or Tell me about your day
Partner names will be assigned; February 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] 2012 midnight EST
Mailing Date is February 22[SUP] nd [/SUP]2012 midnight EST

I will provide a thread for all photos for this swap to be posted on.

<dir>Placemats may be any size or shape, as long as a luncheon plate, napkin, eating utencils and a cup will fit on the surface.
Placemats do not have to be of any particular theme.
Placemats must be pieced & quilted. Not hand tied.
Construction and finish of your design; You may use any technique that will go through the laundry process.
Materials; 100% Cotton is recommended. Poly, cotton or felt batting is acceptable.
Embelishments; May be used if they can go through the laundry process and do not cause the items that will site on top to turn over.
Each placemat must have a label or be signed and dated 2012.
</dir>****
Once partners have been assigned, it will be your responsibility to see that your partner post a picture of the placemats prior to mailing.
This is set for one reason alone…..I do not want you to mail your mats out until you know your partner has completed her mats coming to you. Once photos have been posted it will be entirely up to each member to follow through with your commitment to provide your partner with a mailing confirmation number to insure your package has been mailed. It will be up to the receiver to let you know if a signature of receipt is necessary. The expense of the signature receipt requested will be reimbursed between partners in the exchange process.
To sign up you will need to submit the following in a Private message to me
Past & copy the following;
<dir>Your real name;
Your email address;
Your mailing address;
Can you ship international ?
Your preferred colors;
</dir>
</dir>By signing up you have agreed to the following;
To provide your partner with 2 placemats within the deadline specified above.
<dir>Your commitment to provide a photograph posted on the QB of your placemats prior to exchanging with your partner.
Your commitment to communicate with your partner once names have been assigned through out this process.
Your commitment to let me know you and your partner have completed the swap.
</dir>

If for any reason you are not able meet the deadline or you need to drop out of this swap, please let me know. If you communicate any setbacks with me I can make sure things work out favorably for you and your partner.

SulaBug 01-08-2012 12:14 PM

WOW!! :D This sounds very interesting. I will let you know if I decide to sign up!!
:D :D :D :D

Gizzy-Girl 01-08-2012 03:06 PM

I love the idea of swapping 2 placemats. But I can't come up with an idea of how to make one as; Let’s talk or Tell me about your day. Does anyone have any idea of what I could do? If I can get some ideas, I would love to do this swap. I will let you know. Hugz

TanyaL 01-09-2012 10:11 AM

The only thing I can think of is to applique an oldfashioned telephone on a placemat and I wouldn't want a placemat like that.

wanda lou 01-09-2012 07:42 PM

I like this idea.

cjr 01-09-2012 08:54 PM

I was given the perfect fabric for this from my daughter for Christmas. I will pm you

abdconsultant 01-10-2012 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by abdconsultant (Post 4854637)
<dir>Sign up time for the Quilting Board's 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Pieced & Quilted pair of placemats Swap.
Open to established members.

Project; 1 Pair of Pieced & Quilted Placemats
Theme is; Let’s talk or Tell me about your day
Partner names will be assigned; February 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] 2012 midnight EST
Mailing Date is February 22[SUP] nd [/SUP]2012 midnight EST

I will provide a thread for all photos for this swap to be posted on.

<dir>Placemats may be any size or shape, as long as a luncheon plate, napkin, eating utencils and a cup will fit on the surface.
Placemats must be pieced & quilted. Not hand tied.
Construction and finish of your design; You may use any technique that will go through the laundry process.
Materials; 100% Cotton is recommended. Poly, cotton or felt batting is acceptable.
Embelishments; May be used if they can go through the laundry process and do not cause the items that will site on top to turn over.
Each placemat must have a label or be signed and dated 2012.
</dir>****
Once partners have been assigned, it will be your responsibility to see that your partner post a picture of the placemats prior to mailing.
This is set for one reason alone…..I do not want you to mail your mats out until you know your partner has completed her mats coming to you. Once photos have been posted it will be entirely up to each member to follow through with your commitment to provide your partner with a mailing confirmation number to insure your package has been mailed. It will be up to the receiver to let you know if a signature of receipt is necessary. The expense of the signature receipt requested will be reimbursed between partners in the exchange process.
To sign up you will need to submit the following in a Private message to me
Past & copy the following;
<dir>Your real name;
Your email address;
Your mailing address;
Can you ship international ?
Your preferred colors;
</dir>
</dir>By signing up you have agreed to the following;
To provide your partner with 2 placemats within the deadline specified above.
<dir>Your commitment to provide a photograph posted on the QB of your placemats prior to exchanging with your partner.
Your commitment to communicate with your partner once names have been assigned through out this process.
Your commitment to let me know you and your partner have completed the swap.
</dir>

If for any reason you are not able meet the deadline or you need to drop out of this swap, please let me know. If you communicate any setbacks with me I can make sure things work out favorably for you and your partner.

UPdate on Placemat swap *********as an option you may design your own without a theme if you choose!

nancia 01-11-2012 12:20 AM

i really hope you will do this again in another month or two! i really want to do it but i am commitmentful at the moment!! oooooo!!! but i wannnt toooo...! next time!!!

Short an Sweet 01-12-2012 06:35 AM

dang it, I wasn't going to do any swaps till I finished my UFO's and WIP's but now there r 2 that I am going to have to think about!!!!!!!!!!!

Donna H-M 01-14-2012 03:19 AM

Sending u a PM to join....probably just do my own thing in a color my partner likes :)