Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Paper Piecing Miniature Block Swap~~~Sign Ups Close April 16, 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/paper-piecing-miniature-block-swap%7E%7E%7Esign-ups-close-april-16-2012-a-t175162.html)

Short an Sweet 01-16-2012 06:42 AM

k I have found some patterns so I will let u know how it goes

rwquilts 01-16-2012 07:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Veronica that sounds great! Just as a heads up for everyone, I am making a couple of minor changes to make it easier for everyone. One is that you may leave your papers on or take them off if you prefer before sending your blocks. The other thing is that you may make any size blocks that fall within the 3" (3 1/2" unfinished) square to 6" (6 1/2" unfinished) range. That may give you more options for paper piecing patterns! :) Patrice will be making the adjustments to the main post soon to reflect the changes. Sorry if I've confused anyone, but I really do want this to be as simple and fun for everyone as I can make it!

Here are some blocks that I've been playing with...the two on top are 3 1/2" and the bottom one is 4 1/2".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]303612[/ATTACH]

Mariposa 01-16-2012 01:11 PM

rw-- You've been busy with all these fun blocks! :)

QuilterMomma 01-17-2012 10:32 AM

So we can make 36 total right?

rwquilts 01-17-2012 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 4884041)
So we can make 36 total right?

Yes, you can make up to 36 blocks! I thought that would give us at least a nice sized mini quilt? Maybe two depending upon the sizes people choose to make. Would love to have you join in the fun! :)

QuilterMomma 01-17-2012 12:10 PM

I am "lurking" here. I know I have lots of patterns for this swap on hand and not to mention lots of scraps as well. Will keep 'subscribing' to this thread.

Patricia Faye 01-17-2012 05:20 PM

I'm going to try & do this. I just started paper piecing in early Dec, but have been visiting my DD & DSIL in Maryland since 12/19 & couldn't bring much with me. I've been reading a lot of tutorials online & purchased several books on paper piecing. I've located a number of blocks that will definitely work for the miniature block swap. I'll be going home to Texas on 1/26 so can get back to sewing & complete the blocks before the deadline. How do we sign up once my blocks are completed?

It will be hard to leave the new granddaughter, Cora Faye. She is adorable! I look forward to making her a new quilt every year too.

rwquilts 01-17-2012 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Patricia Faye (Post 4885189)
I'm going to try & do this. I just started paper piecing in early Dec, but have been visiting my DD & DSIL in Maryland since 12/19 & couldn't bring much with me. I've been reading a lot of tutorials online & purchased several books on paper piecing. I've located a number of blocks that will definitely work for the miniature block swap. I'll be going home to Texas on 1/26 so can get back to sewing & complete the blocks before the deadline. How do we sign up once my blocks are completed?

It will be hard to leave the new granddaughter, Cora Faye. She is adorable! I look forward to making her a new quilt every year too.

So glad to have you join in the fun! When you're ready to sign up officially, just pm me, but I'll keep an eye on this thread as well. Congratulations on your new granddaughter! Babies are so precious aren't they?

Difergie 01-19-2012 06:37 AM

I think I am. Going to do this one! Sounds fun. Count me in....

rwquilts 01-19-2012 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Difergie (Post 4889488)
I think I am. Going to do this one! Sounds fun. Count me in....

Difergi, so glad to have you join us!