Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Pretty Valentine's Swap ....Sign ups to close december 30th (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/pretty-valentines-swap-sign-ups-close-december-30th-t153002.html)

RedGarnet222 09-14-2011 05:27 PM

This is a valentines swap is for all types of valentines blocks in sets of six.

The signups are open now and will close December 30th. The deadline to have them here is january 15th. I will mail them out by the 30th of january back to the group swappers. (Or before if possible) That will give us time to put a piece together before valentines day to display or give if we get a wiggle on. LOL!

The swap is open to all levels of quilters. Please do use 100 percent good quality cotton fabrics that are prewashed. I understand that if you are using pre-cuts (jellyrolls, charm packs) that is impossible. Just let me know when you send the blocks so I can advise the reciever (s).

Please make your blocks before you sign up for this swap. The signups will close on december30th and the blocks should be to me by the assigned deadline (January15th) or unfortunantly they will have to be returned to you unswapped.

I am happy for you to send them as early if you want to after this swap opens. Please pm me and I will give you the address of where to send them.

Please send me a pm to sign up for the swap. I can miss any members trying to let me know they want to sign up on the board swap thread pretty easily.

The finished block size can be any size block divisible by threes. Don't forget the seam allowances!! Please! So the smallest 3 inch finished block would be a 3 1/2 by 3 1/2 Unfinished and so on. (The size of a send- in block will have the half inch seam allowances included ) For example...

The send in unfinished sizes can be 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 , 3 1/2 x 6 1/2 , 3 1/2 x 9 1/2, 3 1/2 x 12 1/2 or the same with the six or twelve inch sized blocks.

The max sized block is 12 1/2" x 12 1/2" .

*** Please note. One set of 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 inch blocks per swapper!! It is not fair to others to send more than that.

Please do not send just a cut piece of fabric as a block. It won't count towards your block sets and would have to be returned to you. But if you wish, you can send some fabric that goes with the smaller blocks to help the person add to it. Just include a note with it so the reciever will know where it came from. Remember make something you would like to recieve! There are darling images out there with valentines hearts, flowers, cakes, cupcakes, cupids, angels, birds and so on.

*This swap will be for sets of six (6) blocks. The limit is 4 sets per swapper, please.

They do not have to be all the same. And it is possible that you will not get the exact same sizes back that you sent. Also, please note, you could or could not be getting any of your blocks back, so if you wish to have one of your blocks, please make another for yourself if you really like your blocks.

Place the individual block sets into plastic baggies marked with your board name. Then attach your board name to each block with a pin or post it or even staple it to the very edge in the seam allowance. Some people have used sticky return labels and it works great to stick them on the back side to identify each block.

The block images can be anything accociated with the Happy Valentine Holiday. We will be using a girly type colored backgrounds either white or cream with tiny flowers, a pale ginghams or checks, solid beige or cream (or neutral blenders work here too). That means pale or light colored backgrounds ( fabrics) are to be used.

There are many images and blocks available on the web, or make something up on your own. Embroidery works too! Lets have some fun with this! Just remember, if you are doing applique, you must sew it to the blocks in such a way that it is washable later. You can't just iron it on.

*Mail your block sets to me in a priority flat rate envelope using only a postage stamp (stamps)on both the return envelope and the main envelope by January 15th. There has been a problem with the post office accepting the pre-metered envelopes, and I would hate to have your envelope held up because of expired postage. So please use a stamp!

Place a self addressed flat rate priority return envelope in with the postage stamp (s) attached inside along with your individually bagged and marked block sets.

With the flat rate envelope we don't have any problems returning them to you and assures you recieve them back promptly.

Please Note ***The metered envelopes are a problem, as they will expire and not be any good by the time they are mailed back out. I can not be responsible for any postage due. I am not rich ! LOL!

* I will mail them back out to you by January 30th.

Should you have any questions or problems please contact me by pm. A person can opt out if there is a problem with getting the blocks here to swap. Life sometimes gets busy and I understand.

Please read all the general swap rules of the board, these also apply to this swap. They are located on the top of the swap board written by the administration. Or, here is the link ...

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

Here is the link for the swappers group activity page:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...sp?gracnum=207

~~The rules had to be posted, but now to the fun stuff!!

Valentines are adorable and so are the images we can use! Lets share our blocks when they are finished and talk about our bocks till the swap is done. That really makes the swap fun for all.

Come on Everyone let's have some Sweet, Sugary, darling and fun valentines to swap out with each other!

moonwork42029 09-14-2011 05:31 PM

Sounds like fun... have to see what fall brings :) good luck

RedGarnet222 09-14-2011 05:48 PM

I have a feeling this one is gonna be as big as the halloween swap was!

I already have tons of cute images I have figured out as darling blocks already! (I hope ... LOL)

I was doing the math in my head and this will give us just enough time for this swap given all the time we need for signups, blocks to be sent and then sent back.

So here it is everyone ... Have Fun and please share your blocks as they get made. We love that quilting chat!

COYOTEMAGIC 09-14-2011 06:03 PM

Me Me Me!!!

moonrise 09-14-2011 06:52 PM

Count both of us in (DH and me)! Pink's my favorite color. :mrgreen:

KGoodhand 09-15-2011 04:42 AM

Sounds like fun! I am in!!! I love hearts of every kiind!!

moonrise 09-15-2011 04:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a couple for starters. :)

12-1/2 Scrappy-Striped Hearts
[ATTACH=CONFIG]256936[/ATTACH]

6-1/2 Glittery Hearts (Picture isn't straight but the block will be! ;-) )
[ATTACH=CONFIG]256937[/ATTACH]

Jean D. 09-15-2011 04:49 AM

Oh I LOVE hearts, valentines day, and everything that goes with it! Count me in!

RedGarnet222 09-15-2011 06:52 AM

Oh my gosh This is great everyone! I will sign you all up for one set and leet me know if you make more... OK?

Moonrise!! I LOVE your hearts. You did a beautiful job on them!

RedGarnet222 09-15-2011 07:05 AM

Ok I have you all signed up! Have fun and let the valentines party begin!