Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilting-bee-one-block-month-swap-please-see-message-madeinmaine-page-201-a-t27535.html)

blueribbontoes 10-23-2009 02:35 PM

Yup- If we have enough interest, this will be an ongoing thing. After a year, you should have enough to make a quilt!

I went back and forth about the size and amount of blocks- but thought one would be a minimal amount of effort, and as KGoodHand pointed out, a 12.5 square mails nicely in a regular envelope.

How this works- let's say that Mary (imaginary lady) and I are partners. Her theme is "scrappy nine patch blocks." I would make her a scrappy nine patch block which is 12.5 by 12.5 inches big. I would then mail it directly to her. Mary would make me one in my specifications and mail it to me. In December, Mary and I would be given a new partner and start over. Clear as mud?

NorBanaquilts 10-23-2009 02:36 PM

This sounds like great fun, I'm in.

blueribbontoes 10-23-2009 03:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think I am going to change my idea to something that I always wanted to do, but am too chicken to do. I absolutly LOVE birds, and the colors red and teal. So, I'm going to go out on a limb and ask for that. (If you don't want to include birds, just do red/teal/cream. Don't stress!!!! "Birds," for example can be interpreted many ways. Ever heard of the "flying geese" pattern?)

I also thought it may be a good idea to show an example of what you like so your partner has a reference.

Here are my examples for my ideal block: DO NOT STRESS. See above, just do teal and red, and keep birds in the back of your mind.. lol! I also love applique and embroidery, so please just have fun with this swap....

MadeinMaine 10-23-2009 04:11 PM

Love this idea, too! Thanks, blueribbontoes for heading this up. I will PM you with further info.

KGoodhand 10-23-2009 04:29 PM

Do we need to pick right now?!?!
When are you planning on doing the first pairing?!?
I need to think!?!?!? :? :?

blueribbontoes 10-23-2009 04:41 PM

To clarify/answer few questions:

Your partner will be assigned November 1st. You may mail your block for your partner any time in November. (You have a month to create/mail your partner's block.)

However, if you fail to uphold your swap obligation, you will be removed from the list for the next month's swap. *Life happens, please communicate with your partner and myself if you will be late.* Lateness won't cause you to be removed from the list, only failing to deliver a block/lack of communication. We are all friends here, and everyone I've talked to has been wonderful so I doubt we'll have a problem.

November sign ups end on Oct. 30th so I can mail everyone's partner/address. (Lots of clerical work!!) We'll do this again in December, so if you miss the deadline you have another chance.

KGoodhand 10-23-2009 04:46 PM

I have one more silly question - if I asked for Coca Cola themed squares, is that to weird or too hard?!? My sewing room is all Coke themed and I would love to have a quilt to put on when ewing since it is in the basement. Please give your honest opinion!

charismah 10-23-2009 05:23 PM

Ummm..I am not a really picky person....but I guess I will choose a color combo I love like:

Pink and Brown...it can be any shade or hue of these colors..I love brights pastels ect.

I love any prints ....Is this enough info?

Flowers, birds, amy butler fabrics.....basic grey.....stripes..plaids...anything at all. lol

blueribbontoes 10-23-2009 05:43 PM

Pink and brown was my original idea, so I like it!

Coke Cola will be a fun theme to see what everyone will come up with. Will you be ok with red/black/white if we can't find Coke fabric?

I will need your addresses, please, before I can add you to the list. Thanks!

KGoodhand 10-23-2009 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by blueribbontoes

Coke Cola will be a fun theme to see what everyone will come up with. Will you be ok with red/black/white if we can't find Coke fabric?

I will need your addresses, please, before I can add you to the list. Thanks!

I think it sounds like a great idea! Like I said my whole room is Coke!
Okay sign me up and Coca Cola it is!!!