Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilting Board's First Scrap Club (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilting-boards-first-scrap-club-t207686.html)

oksewglad 12-09-2012 01:56 PM

I saw that too and liked it PokerDiva. LOL as you like to size up the squares and I like to size down

daisydebby 12-09-2012 03:44 PM

Love your mini Oksewglad!! Just beautiful. I think this idea of using up our scraps is a big hit:)

Rhonda 12-09-2012 03:51 PM

If anyone wants to swap scraps just send me your postal address and let me know you want to be added to my list!!

PokerDiva 12-09-2012 04:01 PM

And yet we do the same amount of work.. LOL.

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 5708861)
I saw that too and liked it PokerDiva. LOL as you like to size up the squares and I like to size down

Rhonda 12-09-2012 04:08 PM

10 Attachment(s)
As most people know I am a miniaturist and I make small gift items. I also teach my own shortcut methods which can be used to make any size "block" or unit.

I sew pieces of fabric together and then cut out a "block" as in a Boston Block or a Star Point block etc.
This allows you to make blocks with small pieces within the cut out block.

This is a good way to use up scraps!! Recycling the leftovers is what I do. We use larger scraps and make Boston Blocks or HSTs or my other blocks and the leftovers can be recyled into more of my Blocks.
We make these up ahead and then you can just pick them up and use them whenever you have a project to make.

Because the size is up to you then you can use a 1 1/2" template up to a 4" template to make anything you want.
A 2 1/2" template will make a 12 1/2" quilt block if you use a design(one of mine or others) that uses 6 rows of 6 blocks.

Here are a few more ideas of things I have made- I usually use a 1 1/2" or 1 1/4" template.

SewExtremeSeams 12-09-2012 05:30 PM

Cute little bags Vicki

SewExtremeSeams 12-09-2012 05:36 PM

OH, I can't believe all of the great ideas!!!! Let's see, can I clone myself so I can get twice as much done? LOL Thanks everyone for all you are contributing to my 'to do' list.

SandyinZ4 12-09-2012 05:39 PM

I have not yet read all the posts but please count me in on this. I have several scrappy projects in the works but have 4 huge plastic tubs of scraps so won't run out for many years. I will try to post a picture once in a while of the scrappy projects I am working on. Thanks Rhonda for starting this.

klgreene 12-09-2012 06:35 PM

Magic Maze

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all...I finished this tonight, all scrappy, even the binding was left over from a previous quilt. It's made mostly from 1 1/2", 2 and (8) 3" squares. And by the way Rhonda, your 2 1/2" template was used to make the four patches, and I really only know your way of half squares... I quilted it, but now I have to quilt a large quilt before I do more scrappy. This certainly didn't use up all my scrapps. It actually made me organize to 1 1/2", 2" and 3" boxes so I'll try to cut my scraps before putting them in another scrappy box. I'll be looking at all the quilts for more ideas.

Rhonda 12-09-2012 06:45 PM

That's terrific Katie! I really like the look of that pattern.