Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilting Board's First Scrap Club (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilting-boards-first-scrap-club-t207686.html)

rwquilts 12-21-2012 11:22 PM

So very sorry to hear of your loss Linda. Sending you loving hugs!

jtquilts 12-22-2012 09:09 AM

Linda, I add my condolences for the loss of your dad. I pray for your comfort.

karenpatrick 12-22-2012 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 5734091)
I was just about to make one of these comfort quilts for my Dad after seeing this thread posted this week. This afternoon I got word that my Dad, an Alzheimer patient, lost his battle with this disease. It brings such a mixture of feelings... Dad is released from his suffering but I miss him so much.

So sorry, Linda. When my parents passed I felt like an orphan.

karenpatrick 12-22-2012 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 (Post 5733433)
This is a scrappy quilt I am currently sewing together. I love this pattern so much, I am going to make another.

I wonder if you could use left over jelly roll pieces for this quilt? HOw wide are your pieces? Looks pretty easy to draft a pattern for this quilt.

judy_68 12-22-2012 04:14 PM

Wish I had seen this in time. grrrrr

Rhonda 12-22-2012 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by judy_68 (Post 5735357)
Wish I had seen this in time. grrrrr

In time for what Judy? If you mean the scrap swap it will continue. As soon as I have enough who want to swap this next time I will post another sign up.

As for the club you can jump in anytime!

Rhonda 12-22-2012 04:43 PM

Quilt block swap

I'm more than willing to set up a quilt block swap.

I would like to see at least 6 players before we swap
The quilt blocks need to be made before you sign up so they can be mailed shortly after sign up.
They should be scrappy in keeping with the intent of our Scrap Club.
Size is negotiable. Post what size you have to swap and we will see what is possible for partners
Otherwise I would suggest 12 1/2" for size.

When this swap is posted will depend on when I get enough swappers

karenpatrick 12-22-2012 05:25 PM

I'm in for the block swap.

judy_68 12-22-2012 06:40 PM

Awesome. I want to join the scrap swap. I love scraps and am working on 2 quilts made with 1.5" squares.
Thank you
Judy

kay carlson 12-22-2012 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by karenpatrick (Post 5734829)
I wonder if you could use left over jelly roll pieces for this quilt? HOw wide are your pieces? Looks pretty easy to draft a pattern for this quilt.

I, too, was considering the 2.5 inch strips for this pattern. It would be easy to make the template to cut the print or solid white triangle from the 2.5 inch strip for sewing the half square triangle block.

Then I was debating whether or not to use the smaller squares for the center pieces or one larger piece. Right now, I am leaning toward the smaller center piece and ask members to submit 8-10 quarter units each. My focal point is making a completed block which is simple and could be sashed on the right side and on the bottom. This would allow for squaring off the blocks submitted by several different sewers.

The guild I belong to makes charity quilts. This block could be sashed on the top, as well, and be used as a row for the charity quilts we will begin in January. Small groups will do a row and pass their unit to another group. Then, the individual groups will work on a row for the quilt they receive. Our goal is to meet/know all members of the guild, use our stash and/or donated fabrics, and have the guild pay for the batting and professional quilting.