Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilting Board's First Scrap Club (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilting-boards-first-scrap-club-t207686.html)

QuilterMomma 12-06-2012 04:44 PM

Again, that one is so awesome. Sent you a friend request Pokerdiva. We have to much fun on these UFOs don't we.

sewdamncute 12-06-2012 05:29 PM

This sounds like fun...I've just been watching my scraps multiply for awhile now. Funny story, I wanted to make a scrap quilt as my very first quilt. I was purchasing a ton of quarter yards at Joanns. The lady cutting asked what I was making. When I said, proudly, "A scrap quilt", she folded her arms and said..." I don't think you understand the concept of using up scraps..." LOL she was so right!

jtquilts 12-06-2012 05:44 PM

I just read through all of this thread and I immediately went to my Christmas scraps and I am making a scrappy table mat! Talk about instant motivation! I should be ready to post a picture tomorrow! I love this scrappy thread!

PokerDiva 12-06-2012 06:12 PM

Well thank you...And you must be Beth. We shall have fun where ever we are. LOL.

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5702983)
Again, that one is so awesome. Sent you a friend request Pokerdiva. We have to much fun on these UFOs don't we.

taylorsgmom 12-06-2012 06:47 PM

Count me in! I'm using some scraps right now for the current leaders/enders project from Bonnie Hunt. I love creating the little 3" spool blocks. I'm hoping to have enough by the summer to create a queen size quilt. I was also in a couple of swaps that have a scrappy look. I'm going to use my scraps to create more blocks and make the quilts larger.

Jannie 12-06-2012 07:18 PM

I always like new ideas on using scraps. I will share when I have an original idea also.

Maggiemay 12-06-2012 08:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Poker Diva for that link- I downloaded all of the patterns!

I would love to follow along this thread. I am currently in the middle of what I call my "Scrap Abatement Project". I was being over run with scraps & decided to try to use some up. I am done with the center of the top & need to add some borders. I had to buy some of the navy solid for the stars but that is it. It will be a generous full sized quilt. I am piecing the back out of flannel scraps. I've had to put this on hold until after the holidays. Here it is as I was putting the top together.

I have to add that I always had a hard time doing true scrappy buy with these sashings stars I thought added some continuity & for me was easier to live with!

Difergie 12-06-2012 08:15 PM

I think scrappy quilts are my favorites...

PghPat 12-07-2012 03:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]380652[/ATTACH]
My first scrappy quilt but I'm working on another one that should be done by next week. I'm a relatively new quilter so I'm finally able to work from scraps. I do believe as I've read here on the board that when your working on a scrappy project to get them used up that sometime during the night they have a way of multiplying...it seems like there are more scraps when I finished than wnen I started....LOL.

PokerDiva 12-07-2012 05:28 AM

Maggiemay, I think you are right. I do that alot when making scrappy. Make one part (usually background) the same to pull it together. Love your quilt.