Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilts-quilters-swap-open-til-15-dec-2011-a-t159331.html)

Rose L 03-03-2012 01:37 AM

Well, I'm finally on my way!! I have pulled all of the useful fabrics from my stash that I could and cut most of it into the needed pieces. After several delays and other projects with deadlines, I finally was able to make the road trip to the quilt shop for the rest of the needed colors. I am thrilled to say that I found everything I will need in one trip to one shop! I am actually trying a pattern designed by our wonderful QB member jrichar8. I loved the pattern the minute I saw it but have not yet made use of it so now is the time. I will be cutting tomorrow and hope to start stitching on Sunday. I also sent a note to my partner to see if she's still on board since I haven't heard from her in a while. Jillaine, I'll get in touch with you if there is a problem. Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Rose L 03-03-2012 01:39 AM

QuilterMomma and JillnJo, Congrats on being the first to complete your swaps!

Keptwench 03-03-2012 10:45 AM

tealfalcon, did you try sending your partner a private message? It sure is easier to keep up with those than 44 pages of this message thread :)

lindy-2 03-03-2012 12:19 PM

just started laying out the blocks for nurse bonnys quilt. im realy liking her quilt i almost whant to keep it myself.

Jillian your pm box is full. tryed to let you know i was able to get in contact with both bonny and vickyK. thanks for your help

Garnet1265 03-03-2012 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by ligia (Post 4997890)
Finished ! :thumbup:
Will send off for quilting on Friday.

You are scaring me! I am nowhere near done yet and you've already sent off for quilting??? Guess I'd better get a move on. I was supposed to be getting notification of updates on the forum but not getting them anymore. Will have to figure out how to set that up again. Now I have to get back to stitching!

Kristin
Garnet1265

carrot 03-03-2012 02:33 PM

Kristin don't fret ! I haven't even started :p I have my pattern picked out and will be looking for the material on my road trip to Pigeon Forge next week. That is unless I find a kit I like better ;)
April and May will be spent entirely on valleyquiltermo's quilt. And then I have June to quilt it. I have quilted a twin size in one day, so I know I can quilt a lap top in a month:thumbup:

Sandynorm 03-03-2012 06:55 PM

started to sew my quilt top today, the first 2 blocks are looking good, got 3 more ready to put together in the morning

Whigrose 03-03-2012 07:45 PM

Woohoo! I met and exceeded the goal I set for myself this weekend. I even managed to cut, piece and complete two blocks for my Monthly Quilting Bee Block Swap partner.

No more pics until QuilterMomma gets her quilt. Unless of course QuilterMomma says 'post pics'.

Have fun everyone. And remember not to get worked up because some of us are on the last mile. I have a daughter getting married this spring so I can't have commitments like this on my mind.

Best,
d

ligia 03-04-2012 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Garnet1265 (Post 5028335)
You are scaring me! I am nowhere near done yet and you've already sent off for quilting???
Kristin
Garnet1265

Hi Kristin,
I just happen to be in a busy schedule for the coming months (post # 387 ).
I'm planning on mailing it to you early April when I'll be in the US: it'll be easier, faster, safer and cheaper.
Take your time June is not tomorrow. Please, please email me before mailing for the correct address.

Annaquilts 03-05-2012 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Whigrose (Post 5029087)
And remember not to get worked up because some of us are on the last mile. I have a daughter getting married this spring so I can't have commitments like this on my mind.

Hmmm I am not sure if that is making me feel any better. I have my daughter getting married too. I am piecing the blocks right now for this quilt and sewing the blocks together for my DD's wedding quilt.