Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Rhonda's Third Wall Hanging Swap -March to June (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/rhondas-third-wall-hanging-swap-march-june-t214319.html)

Lynnie25 06-27-2013 08:21 PM

wow, that was quick but what a lovely wallhanging, front and back. Love the layout of the blocks.

skaduzy 06-28-2013 01:50 PM

Got it!

2 Attachment(s)
I received my beautiful wall hanging from Marytoddliz! I was the lucky :D person that got the embroidered ladybug wall hanging. How great is that!

I love it, Marybeth, and am so glad it came to me. Just in case you all didn't see it I will post the picture again, and the label.

Can't wait to hang it! Thanks so much for making it 'especially for me', haha!

mary quilting 06-28-2013 04:03 PM

mine will be heading west tomorrow when I get it to the PO after work.

nancia 06-28-2013 04:09 PM

i'm waiting and watching! just because i'm not playing doesn't mean i'm not interested! i love the big pictures you can really see the beauty created!

pbadder 06-28-2013 05:29 PM

Skaduzy received my gorgeous wall hanging today from you and the wine material, also the bookmark is fabulous. Will make a lot of use of bookmark. And yes will make something with the wine materials you sent. Thank you, thank you and thank you again.

Rhonda 06-29-2013 07:25 PM

For those of us who don't have embroidery machines how do you make your labels? I have been just using a fabric marker and writing on a fabric square. Just wondered if there are other options I might like to try.

Rhonda 06-29-2013 07:32 PM

Please post a pic when you receive if you can. I am keeping track of the pics so I can post them all in an album. It is easier to keep them as they are received rather than my trying to go back and find them if they were posted in progress. Thanks everyone!!! If anyone needs help to post a pic just let me know!

mary quilting 06-29-2013 07:40 PM

I do have an embroidery machine . But for the label on the wall hanging I used Print artist and printed it out on fabric the color of the leafy batik print matched the the front of the quilt very well

Rhonda 06-29-2013 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by mary quilting (Post 6151055)
I do have an embroidery machine . But for the label on the wall hanging I used Print artist and printed it out on fabric the color of the leafy batik print matched the the front of the quilt very well

Do you have to have a special ink to print the label so the ink wont' run? I went and looked at a free download for Print Artist. I could print my own designs but was thinking the ink would be a problem. I dont' want to go to the tr ouble and have the ink run or blur. I have printed onto fabric but just use my regular ink. It didnt' work that well.

JNCT14 06-30-2013 02:25 AM

Has anyone tried the new Sharpie pens? 8 colors, supposedly color fast. I think they are kind of like gel pens?