Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Rhonda's Very First Wall Hanging Swap!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/rhondas-very-first-wall-hanging-swap-t190538.html)

kiffie2413 07-20-2012 07:47 PM

Thanks for the feedback...I will finish stitching around both sets of the applique blocks, and figure out a setting for a wallhanging using each set...the ladies are actually supposed to represent Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter...On the flower blocks I actually have 7 different ones, just need to finish the stitching down the appliques...and choose 4 of them...
Thanks again, and anyone else, please feel free to let me know what you think.
Kif

MaryMo 07-20-2012 07:53 PM

Wow, kiffie, those are all beautiful! I'm trying to get an idea for this swap, but I have other swaps to finish. Kiffie, those are an inspiration.

JuneBillie 07-20-2012 08:39 PM

Kiffie they are all so pretty. I do love the ladies though. I guess, because I haven't had any of those, and I collect dolls.

sewhappy30 07-21-2012 04:37 AM

Kiffie, I like all your blocks their very pretty. I love applique.

kiffie2413 07-21-2012 05:08 PM

Thanks to you all....you really warm a gal's heart! On the ladies I was teaching myself machine applique, when I showed it to my lqs teacher, she liked them, but alluded to the fact that the outlining stitch should have been closer together for outlining them. But I have to say that even now I prefer the looser zigzag or blanket stitch, so I didn't go back and re do it...I also know it is all more of a preference thing, too; that is the beauty of being a quilter, eh? :) Thanks again for all of your kind words!
Kif

ssnare 07-21-2012 05:11 PM

Kiffie, I vote for the flowers and then the ladies. They are all very pretty.

Rhonda 07-21-2012 05:43 PM

Kiffie I know whichever one of us gets your wall hanging will be thrilled with it!!

JuneBillie 07-21-2012 09:01 PM

Kiffie I agree with your thoughts on the outlining. I also had to look at all the pretty blocks, and they are ALL beautiful. Someone is going to be lucky if they are used in the swap. I hope someday I will be able to do embroidery that nice.

kiffie2413 07-22-2012 08:25 PM

Again, you are all too kind with your feedback! JuneBillie, I am sure your embroidery is quite nice...I know I am my own worst critic...lol...On the ladies, it was my 1st attempt at machine embroidery/applique. On the flowers I am doing the embroidery by hand, which is actually what I am more comfortable doing. I always say how dull the world would be if we all liked the same things! I can't wait to see what everyone makes, that is one thing I love about swapping, the variety we all get!!
Regards,
Kif

marytoddliz 07-24-2012 08:31 PM

i love the ladies too... your work is awesome, i will post pictures of my two blocks. We are at my son's now, but should be home by tomorrow evening~ i am so excited about getting back home! i love being on vacation, and this has been a good one in a lot of ways, but being injured has made so many things tougher!