Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Rhonda's Very First Wall Hanging Swap!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/rhondas-very-first-wall-hanging-swap-t190538.html)

ssnare 09-15-2012 06:13 AM

Cute snowmen. I love snowmen. My wall hanging is simple but it has glitter. I quilted with metallic thread, which I have never used before.

ScrapQuilter 09-15-2012 11:19 AM

Wall Hanging Swap

Well here is what I came up with last night............. the start of my wall hanging......... hope it is ok for the swap.

Sorry no picture............. sure have a hard time with the new site.............. will try again to post picture.

ScrapQuilter 09-15-2012 11:33 AM

Wall Hanging Swap

1 Attachment(s)
Well here goes again.......... hope you get a picture this time lol

Well it came through this time............... sooooooooo happy

Everose 09-15-2012 02:05 PM

Scrapquilter - awesome. Love the look but then I'm partial to hearts -- (HINT, HINT, Rhonda) I have never used a doily. Is it hard to work with?

Rhonda 09-15-2012 04:23 PM

I love it ScrapQuilter! it is so cute! I too love doilys. I have several collected.Some made by my DH's grandmother and some made by friends as well as some I just got at yard sales etc. Love the look of them in your wall hanging!!

Rhonda 09-15-2012 04:25 PM

I love hearts too Everrose. They are one of my favorite things to do!

JuneBillie 09-16-2012 04:33 AM

ScrapQuilter I have to also add I love your wall hanging. It is so pretty, and I love the colors, and especially how you added in the doilies. Did you take a doilie and quarter it to work with 4 blocks? I could see that making a beautiful quilt done like this. I was thinking of the pretty (sue) blocks, and thinking about the one's I need to get started on soon. My mother left several of them, and my dad gave them to me, and so I am going to sew them into something for certain family members to give them for Christmas, which will be our first without mom. (my 2 sisters, one brother, and 6 special great grand daughters of mom's) I will also have one or more for me to have. I will probably give one to my daughter in law who was so close to mom. Maybe their pastors wife too. Do any of you have an ideas on how I could best use them?

kiffie2413 09-16-2012 11:31 AM

I love them! For some reason, I have always loved "seasonal" themed quilts...
K

Originally Posted by marytoddliz (Post 5495470)
Spring
[ATTACH=CONFIG]360774[/ATTACH]
Summer
[ATTACH=CONFIG]360775[/ATTACH]
Autumn
[ATTACH=CONFIG]360776[/ATTACH]
Winter
[ATTACH=CONFIG]360777[/ATTACH]
Now I need to figure out how I will put it together!

kiffie2413 09-16-2012 11:34 AM

This is sooo great!! I am never short on amazement at how clever the qb people are!!!
Kif

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011 (Post 5450702)
I've done a little more to my wall hanging I bet this next picture gives it away to what it is...LOL
Donna
[ATTACH=CONFIG]356485[/ATTACH]
Oh heck I've done a lot more to it, infact I'm almost done with it!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]356486[/ATTACH]
All is left to do is binding and adding the rest of the leaves...but I have to hand sew on the leaves here a close up to some things I'm putting on them!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]356487[/ATTACH]
And this is what it will look like when I finish putting all the leaves on the tree. Oh yeah and I decided to add the scarecrow after I took this picture.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]356488[/ATTACH]

Rhonda 09-16-2012 06:51 PM

This is the list I have for players as of now. I want to make sure you are all playing and if I missed anyone please let me know. Thanks everyone for posting pics and sharing your journeys!! It has been a great swap so far!! Keep up the picture sharing!!! Love to see them!

1. Rhonda
2. kiffie2413
3. stitchengramie
4. teacherbailey
5. Lv2sew2011
6. nancia
7. marytoddliz
8. islandwiz1
9. LindaC
10. Everose
11. ssnare
12: QuilterMomma