Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #5 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2012-2013-group-5-a-t200776.html)

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 11-20-2012 01:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my practice block for Kelly's quilt. The flying geese really came out much better than I expected. What's up with all the horror stories I've heard about them? Is this beginner's luck?

TheMamaHauser 11-20-2012 02:07 PM

I purchased a cd called Triangulations 3.0 a year or two ago. It lets you print out HST, QST, and FG paper templates - you sew through the paper onto the fabric, trim, and tear the paper off. If I have to do anything smaller than 3.5" FG, I use the templates because I have a problem with distortion when I iron.

I might can send you a copy of the FG paper pattern if you want?

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 11-21-2012 07:04 AM

Kelly, I never once thought about paper piecing them! Duh! I did an entire quilt of paper pieced HST, but didn't think about it for flying geese. Some days I can be an idiot. If the next practice block isn't as pointy as I like, I'll just draft them and off we'll go! Thanks for the plan.

jude by the sea 11-22-2012 07:55 AM

Happy Thanksging to you all. Pat I had my husband mail out my bock for me on Monday, I am not sure how he sent it. Please let me know when you get it. I think he said you should get it on Wedsday but its hard to say at this time of year. Have a wonderful day everyone. All of your rows look awesome. I did get one picture of mine but I don't know how to get it posted. I will ask Bill to help me today while I am sitting with mom.

jude by the sea 11-28-2012 07:41 AM

Roda it looks like you have your blocks done and your row looks great! I don't know if you sent your row or not but just to let you know I have not received it yet but maybe you are waiting for the first to send it out and that is fine with me.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 11-29-2012 07:24 AM

I bought some real fabric for Kelly's row yesterday. My plan is to work on it at night when I can't work on my double wedding ring quilt. The double wedding ring is being quilted with invisible thread and once it gets dark that is impossible for me.

When you all get something going, please post pictures. I love pictures!

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 12-14-2012 05:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my a part of my row for Kelly's quilt. If I get far enough away to show the whole row, the colors look weird. It's not as perfect as I'd like, but nothing ever is, is it?

TheMamaHauser 12-14-2012 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter (Post 5720534)
Here is my a part of my row for Kelly's quilt. If I get far enough away to show the whole row, the colors look weird. It's not as perfect as I'd like, but nothing ever is, is it?

I love it! And the colors are awesome :)

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 12-15-2012 05:38 AM

Thanks, Kelly. I kind of love the colors, too. I may have to think up another project with them.

jude by the sea 12-18-2012 03:40 PM

Hi Lisa...your quilt block is so cool, I really like the colors! I have my colors for the Diva quilt but still pondering on what to do next...fun!