Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #5 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2012-2013-group-5-a-t200776.html)

TheMamaHauser 02-27-2013 08:30 PM

Meh, it happens. I'm happy to have some extra time for the Diva quilt!

roda 02-27-2013 09:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You guys scared me. It's been a hard month for me to get my things done everything's got off track. Had a barn collapse do to snow lost my spotted colt and started calving. Closed today on another piece of land and straighted the sewing room. What do you think about these colors. The greens are lime green

jude by the sea 02-28-2013 07:16 AM

Oh gosh I am sorry to have stressed anyone out about getting your rows mailed out. Somehow I thought it was March first it had to be mailed out the I saw Pat mail hers out and I then assumed I was right and hurriedly finished and put mine in the mail! No need to stress Roda you have plenty of time. Roda I am so sorry about the spotted colt! What happened, was it the snow and cold? I thought that was such a beautiful colt. I guess living on a ranch you have had losses but it can ever be easy. This morning I was browsing the net and found some videos of koko the mountain gorilla. He is so awesome. He bonded with a kitten who later died and when koko.'s trainer used sign language to tell koko the kitten died. Koko signed back to her he was sad and was crying! Even telling you about this gets me all weepy eyed ! I have always loved animals. Any way I also wanted to add you ladies whose already worked on my Asian row have really pulled it off, I love how its turning out, thank you.

roda 02-28-2013 07:31 AM

What makes me the maddest is the colts death was probably my fault. These little colts are tiny he was about 15 pounds and I had moved them in to a smaller pen with a barn so they could stay warm and I had some heifers in there to and put out a round bale of hay for them to eat. I think baby got stepped on while sleeping in the hay

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 02-28-2013 07:52 AM

Oh, Roda, how very sad. I knew your horses were little but didn't realize they are that little! Wow. Almost like a puppy.

I love the colors of the fabric in the picture.

roda 02-28-2013 08:29 AM

This little mare is 28 inchs tall and the baby was about 14 inches tall. I have one that was born last year that still likes to sit on my lap and she weighs about 100 pounds. This top kind of made me go out of my normal peicing which is why I like doing this swap to learn new things. I hope I can do it justice

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 02-28-2013 08:47 AM

I have to laugh at the thought of a 100 pound lap horse. I'll bet that looks pretty funny when she tries it!

You are so right about this exchange forcing us outside our normal parameters. I really appreciate that part of it. I tend to get in a rut and go, so this is good for me.

jude by the sea 02-28-2013 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by roda (Post 5894319)
This little mare is 28 inchs tall and the baby was about 14 inches tall. I have one that was born last year that still likes to sit on my lap and she weighs about 100 pounds. This top kind of made me go out of my normal peicing which is why I like doing this swap to learn new things. I hope I can do it justice

OMG Roda 28 " and 14" I can't believe how small they really are. I really thought the spotted one was large. Do you and your family raise them and show them or what? How many do you have? Do you have larger ones that pull the buggys? I agree with this row robin making us think outside of our own boxes! Fun though huh?

roda 02-28-2013 01:00 PM

I have 7 little ones and 6 bigger one and 2 mules. The grandkids ride the little ones and their broke to wagons. I have the mules because we use them for hunting and packing. The others are broke are being broke to ride and pull except for the big paint mare who was given to me because of problems with her leg

jude by the sea 02-28-2013 05:13 PM

Roda....How fun! But I bet lots of work too! But we'll worth it!