Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #5 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2012-2013-group-5-a-t200776.html)

TheMamaHauser 03-05-2013 05:41 PM

Lisa, I'm sending the Asian rows out tomorrow. They're labeled and sitting on the mailbox on my front porch!

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 03-06-2013 07:26 AM

Excellent, Kelly. The LQS is having a sale next week and I happen to know she has some cool Asian fabrics.

jude by the sea 03-08-2013 09:53 AM

Pat did you receive the quilt rows yet? They were up pose to be there on Monday?

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 03-08-2013 11:18 AM

The Asian rows are safely at my house. I really like what has been done to it so far. After seeing it, I'm thinking my original idea of appliqueing some Asian themed things really won't work. I think it would break up the more traditional blocks oddly. Now I'm thinking more traditional blocks in goregous prints. I have quite a few 2.5 inch squares of Asian prints I'd love to use. Time to play!

Pat_sews 03-08-2013 12:08 PM

HI Judy. Sorry I didn't let u know sooner. It did arrive on Monday. After sending mine out a month early I was surprised I got one that early too... I love your colors and rows.. I promise not to send this one a month early.
Happy Sewing
Pat

Originally Posted by jude by the sea (Post 5914129)
Pat did you receive the quilt rows yet? They were up pose to be there on Monday?

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 03-09-2013 03:17 PM

I am zoom-zooming along on the Asian quilt. Three blocks down; two to go. It has 42 different prints in it, but I promise it doesn't look like a fabric store explosion.

TheMamaHauser 03-09-2013 07:38 PM

I saw some amazing koi fish fabric today in the remnant bin at my favorite LQS. I *almost* bought it and forwarded it to Lisa for whomever else still gets to work on the row. But then I saw the price tag and thought to myself, "No one needs $30 of koi fish fabric."

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 03-10-2013 06:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a few shots of Judy's quilt row. I couldn't get far enough to show the whole row at once and still show the fabric prints. I hope this is what she had in mind.

Whigrose 03-11-2013 02:38 AM

Lisa,
Your row addition is amazing!

best,
d (popping in from Group 6 & 7)

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter (Post 5919948)
Here are a few shots of Judy's quilt row. I couldn't get far enough to show the whole row at once and still show the fabric prints. I hope this is what she had in mind.

jude by the sea 03-11-2013 05:50 AM

Thanks Pat I am glad you got the rows. I also got confused about sending off the blocks so I sent out early as well! Don't know what happened but I will try not to do that on the next rows! Lisa your fabrics for the Asian rows are absolutely beautiful! I can't wait till I getto see it I person!