Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #5 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2012-2013-group-5-a-t200776.html)

Pat_sews 10-26-2012 05:31 PM

Hi all , I was going to use the theme HOME well life got in the way and its going to be something easier... I am afraid to even say what my theme will be for fear somthing else will go wrong. So u will see them when they arrive... Life goes on and this is going to be fun. I hope !!
Happy sewing
Pat

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 10-26-2012 05:45 PM

Pat, don't worry about changing themes. Life happens. We will all work with whatever shows up and be happy to do it!

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 11-01-2012 05:05 AM

One month until the first mailing deadline!

Mama Hauser, if yours is ready early, you can feel free to mail it to me any time that works for you.

My row is ready to head to Roda any time she is ready or by December 1 whichever comes first.

If your row is ready early, contact the person it is going to and see if she wants it early. Depending on everyone's life schedule, having the row early might help someone out if they will be busier later on.

I can wait to see some quilt rows! :)

Pat_sews 11-01-2012 10:02 AM

Hi all. After changing my mind about 20 times and then "things" getting in the way, my row is done. Do I contact the person I am sending to , to make sure it's ok to send now? Is that how I do it? I have done 2 doll swaps and when we sent them we also sent gifts. Do we do that with this swap also? I want to get it sent now because I will be out of town for a few days and when we get home Christmas sewing and shopping will have to start. I just dont want to get behind on this RxR. This is a learing experience for me and if i do this again I will change how I do it. I am not happy with my row. Not the sewing so much but what I chose to make and the fabric I choose. Oh well Live and Learn.
Happy Sewing
Pat

jude by the sea 11-01-2012 10:55 AM

Hi All....well I will be sewing my sashing on today and my row will be ready to send. Pat are you ready to receive it or should I wait until Dec 1st? Roda whenever you want to send your row to me you can, no need to wait unless you want to! I believe I will be sending it in an envelope with a sashing strip for each of you to sew on the bottom of your row. Does that work for everyone? OK off to finish my row.....happy sewing to each of you!

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 11-01-2012 03:40 PM

Pat, you will be sending your row to TheMamaHauser first. If you are ready to send, I think you could PM her and ask if she is ready for it. Or just hope she sees your question on this thread. Either is fine.

Judy, I am enclosing sashing strips with my row, too. I'm hoping it's OK with everyone. No one seemed to object. I'm also sending along fabric scraps in case someone needs them.

To all -- as for gifts to be sent along, I think it is entirely up to you. You will send to the same person each time so I would think you would not need to enclose a gift every time if you decide to send a gift at all. I think you should do exactly what makes you happy. :)

TheMamaHauser 11-02-2012 03:57 PM

I think I have *finally* made up my mind on what I'm going to do!

I was browsing my blog-list looking for a dresden-plate tutorial (which I still haven't found) and came across this lovely block. I have a few color ideas in my head - that part isn't for certain yet - but this is absolutely the block I'm going to use, 5 of them, all with the same background fabric.

I just had to share with you all!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thehappyzombie/5236008396/

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 11-02-2012 07:04 PM

It's a pretty block, Mama. Are you wanting all of us to use that block with different fabrics?

TheMamaHauser 11-02-2012 09:03 PM

Not unless you want to!

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 11-08-2012 09:20 AM

I just got some gorgeous Asian fabrics from Japan in the 2.5 inch square swap. So very pretty. I'm hoping I can find a way to use them when Jude's quilt comes by my house.

How are you all doing with rows? I think I will go ahead and mail mine next week. Roda can always just leave it in the box until Dec. 1 if she wants. I'd rather have it there on time than late.