Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #5 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2012-2013-group-5-a-t200776.html)

jude by the sea 11-11-2012 08:11 PM

Hey Lisa, oh that sounds so neat, I am excited to see what you do. I have my row done and cut my sashing strips, however my mom has has taken a turn for the worse and I have to be with her. We put her on Hospice. I am about 6 hours from my home so I won't be able to send my row early but will send it as soon as i get home. I am going to see if my cat sitter will mail it to me and then I will mail it out. The only thing I haven't done yet is to make a label. I am not sure how I will do that here but will figure something out.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 11-12-2012 08:11 AM

Jude, I'm very sorry to hear about your mother. It's a stressful situation. I'm sure you will get the row out in time, but don't stress about it.

I plan to mail later this week. I can't wait to get this project really started!!

TheMamaHauser 11-12-2012 06:44 PM

I can say, officially, I started working on my row tonight. I've got 2 of the 5 blocks totally cut and sub-pinned (HST's & FG parts). So... tomorrow (because I've got Tues & Thurs off now!!!) I will get these two together and start the next ones. I'm doing 5 of the same block using the 'Oops-A-Daisy' line. I'm not too terribly worried about the fabrics being the same and the colors are pretty easy to match.

Jude, I'm sorry to hear about your mother. If there is ANYTHING we can do, say the word. I make a mean pumpkin bread... so that offer is on the table!!

Kelly

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 11-13-2012 07:22 AM

It looks like everyone is on track. Things are about to get exciting!

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 11-13-2012 10:10 AM

I just put my row in the mail.

TheMamaHauser 11-13-2012 11:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]376382[/ATTACH]

2 blocks done, 3 to go! They're all the same with different colors... woo!

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 11-14-2012 02:11 PM

Kelly, I love the flowers! I'm a sucker for just about anything floral.

TheMamaHauser 11-14-2012 04:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]376597[/ATTACH]

Here is my row! I am going to put it into the mail tomorrow or Friday. I'm not sending any sashing. I don't care if you ladies use this same star/flower pattern for your row... I think it would be cool, but I am not going to necessarily request it.

Pat_sews 11-14-2012 05:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I love your row Mama. Looks great. I decided to use fall colors and I also did just one block and am not using any sashing strips. I dont want my rows sewed together . I am going to sew small rows to go between everyones rows.. I hope this is ok. I will send a note so everyone knows what i would like. It is getting exciting now that its closer to the time for everyone to send there rows. I will attach a picture of my row also.
Happy sewing all
Pat group #5

TheMamaHauser 11-14-2012 05:57 PM

Can you include the name or a copy of the block pattern with your row? Do you want us all to do the same block? I have visions dancing in my head now!

Originally Posted by Pat_sews (Post 5657385)
I love your row Mama. Looks great. I decided to use fall colors and I also did just one block and am not using any sashing strips. I dont want my rows sewed together . I am going to sew small rows to go between everyones rows.. I hope this is ok. I will send a note so everyone knows what i would like. It is getting exciting now that its closer to the time for everyone to send there rows. I will attach a picture of my row also.
Happy sewing all
Pat group #5