Each activity will have special rules of its own, so we'll try to keep the umbrella rules as few and simple as possible.
Rules for Swap Coordinators/Hosts
1. Swaps, Round/Row Robins, Group Projects, etc. may be organized and managed by individual members of the board.
2. Please get permission from PatriceJ before posting a suggestion for an activity or before posting the announcement, opening rules and other information. (This is mostly so we can keep track of what's going on in case we get questions.)
3. The member who starts an activity will be held responsible and accountable for its management and success. The Owner(s), Administrator(s) and Moderator(s) of the Board cannot and will not be held liable in any way for any problems that may arise.
4. Activities must be open and welcoming to members of all skill and income levels. For example, the activity rules must not include such requirments as fabrics or other supplies that come only from high-end sources. Patterns required or suggested should be "do-able" by most skill levels. If they must be complex, make sure to include or provide links to appropriate tutorials.
5. When an activity includes swapping fabrics, they should be washed, dried and ironed and cut as precisely as your skills allow. Oranizers should not require they be starched or otherwise treated unless it's essential to success in the type of project involved. Those of us who don't normally prewash should make exceptions when joining in group activities. It's a courtesy to others who may have allergies or other health needs requiring smoke and animal free environments/supplies.
6. PLEASE remember to clearly state the sign-up deadline in both the swap's topic title, and in the body of the announcement post.
7. If this is your first time starting a swap, then take a look at existing swaps managed by others. Go through their posts and group activities. That will give you plenty of ideas for organizing and managing your swap more efficiently.
Rules for Swappers
1. Please send things you'd be happy to receive yourself.
2. Please graciously accept what you receive.
3. If, for some reason, you don't feel you can use something you receive in a swap, please keep it to yourself. If you receive fewer items than you were supposed to receive, please notify the activity organizer by pm. NO public posts complaining about "inferior" fabric or construction, whether or not it was pre-washed, over-exposed to smoke or pets, off-size, etc. (This hasn't happened in a very long time. I mention it as a COB (Cover Our Butts) "just in case".)
4. Please, NO public complaints or criticisms of other swappers, items received, or other type for any reason. This rule applies to any related posts in all sections of the board - including Personal Diaries & Announcements. ALL complaints must be addressed by Private Message (pm) to the activity coordinator. In the unlikely event the coordinator cannot help solve the problem, please contact PatriceJ.
5. Every once in a while, a swapper who's participating in more than one swap may accidentally send their packets to the wrong coordinator(s). If you receive items that don't seem to match the swap, please notify the coordinator. She/he will try to help resolve the mixup.
6. You must agree to mail/ship your packages using a carrier & method that provides tracking information (for example, USPS Priority).
7. You must agree to provide that tracking information to the Swap Coordinator as soon as the package has been sent.
8. If you want to leave a positive feedback/rating for a user with whom you swapped, then please make sure to read the feedback rules. Only Swap Coordinators/Hosts may post negative feedback in relation to a swap or similar activity.
The most important rule of all:
HAVE FUN, FUN, FUN .... AND LOTS MORE FUN!!!! :P