Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-partner-pin-cushion-needlecase-swap-t216622.html)

SandyinZ4 04-29-2013 06:41 PM

Nice looking projects, Louise. You will have a fortunate partner. Hope you are doing ok.

nancia 04-29-2013 07:30 PM

you are so clever with your embroidery, louise! very nice. i may have to come to your house and have you teach me! i have a new machine and now i need the guts to just do it. where is NIKE when i need them!! lol

Sucia 04-29-2013 09:05 PM

I had a wonderful time at the mailbox. Well Laura (Blue Cat) brought me wonderful things from the mailbox.

I got an needle case and matching pin cushion from Irene V. They are so cute. Do I need to post a picture? And in my favorite fall colors. I am already using my pin cushion. I have it right next to my sewing chair.

dluvs2quilt sent me a very cute pincushion that is in red gingham sitting on a bed of an antique canning jar lid, and a thread catcher to match made with moregingham and a piece of warm and natural to back it. This is the first one I have seen, but I have all ready put this to use, too. And she sent me a FQ with Quilts on a tan bkgd. Should I send photos?

Thanks swap partners for being so generous, and creative.

I feel like I made a haul.

lauriejo 04-30-2013 03:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I also got a lovely pincushion from dluvs2quilt. She made me a pincushion and thread catcher in my favorite colors! She also included a beautiful FQ in the colors of a tropical ocean, sigh. Thanks again partner!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]410830[/ATTACH]

To my partners - I thought I would be mailing today, but I keep getting called in to work so it looks like tomorrow. I really expected to be down to only a couple days a week after the 15th. Of course I also didn't realize my spring allergies would be so bad this year. Usually it's fall that is difficult for me.

Ashjoy 04-30-2013 04:53 AM

Of course! We want to see!

Originally Posted by Sucia (Post 6035141)
I had a wonderful time at the mailbox. Well Laura (Blue Cat) brought me wonderful things from the mailbox.

I got an needle case and matching pin cushion from Irene V. They are so cute. Do I need to post a picture? And in my favorite fall colors. I am already using my pin cushion. I have it right next to my sewing chair.

dluvs2quilt sent me a very cute pincushion that is in red gingham sitting on a bed of an antique canning jar lid, and a thread catcher to match made with moregingham and a piece of warm and natural to back it. This is the first one I have seen, but I have all ready put this to use, too. And she sent me a FQ with Quilts on a tan bkgd. Should I send photos?

Thanks swap partners for being so generous, and creative.

I feel like I made a haul.

Ashjoy 04-30-2013 04:55 AM

Very nice pin cushion and thread catcher. Sorry your allergies are acting up!

Old_Rosebud 04-30-2013 05:47 AM

Still waiting on one PC so maybe I will receive Q'Louise's? A girl can dream, right? :D You gals have all done an awesome job! But I have to ask - what is a thread catcher? Don't believe I've ever heard that term.
Happy spring!

lauriejo 04-30-2013 06:54 AM

The inside is a fuzzy fabric so threads will stick to it. It also snaps shut so when you aren't using it the fuzzy part will stay clean. I haven't seen one like this before, but very clever.

mary quilting 04-30-2013 08:53 AM

I am sill waiting For my needle cases also.

Originally Posted by Old_Rosebud (Post 6035654)
Still waiting on one PC so maybe I will receive Q'Louise's? A girl can dream, right? :D You gals have all done an awesome job! But I have to ask - what is a thread catcher? Don't believe I've ever heard that term.
Happy spring!

Ashjoy 04-30-2013 09:19 AM

I'm waiting on both. But it's early if they are just being mailed. Like mine.....