Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2012-sign-ups-closed-help-me-10-27-2012-a-t200887.html)

quilt addict 09-20-2012 02:09 PM

Darn, I was hoping that the system would save our PM that didn't go through to Teri yesterday. No such luck have to make up the wish list again. Maybe later. But I do want in.

sharon b 09-20-2012 02:42 PM

Dreamer... HERE I AM :D Now behave yourself LOL

Tothill 09-20-2012 03:54 PM

I am so looking forward to shopping, making and baking for my recipient.

I have to wait to find out where I am sending before buying too much. Unfortunately we do not have flat rate boxes in Canada, so if I am shipping out of the country I have to keep it under 1 kg or about 2 pounds. But I am sure I can find lots of lovely items to fit in the box.

dreamer2009 09-20-2012 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b (Post 5528947)
Dreamer... HERE I AM :D Now behave yourself LOL

HI SHARON :)
missed you !!

nclauri 09-20-2012 04:13 PM

I have a question. Your package has 4 fat quarters and then an additional $20 of extras or do the fat quarters count against the $20 dollar limit. Ex. 4 fat quarters $12 so you add $8 more? Can anyone give me ideas of some of the extras given last year? Are they made items or something like thread, scissors, pattern etc? Thanks. I have been wanting to join another swap but I want to make sure it is something I can do.

mscupid804 09-20-2012 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by nclauri (Post 5529158)
I have a question. Your package has 4 fat quarters and then an additional $20 of extras or do the fat quarters count against the $20 dollar limit. Ex. 4 fat quarters $12 so you add $8 more? Can anyone give me ideas of some of the extras given last year? Are they made items or something like thread, scissors, pattern etc? Thanks. I have been wanting to join another swap but I want to make sure it is something I can do.

You have to give your SS person 4 FQ's AND an additional $20 gift or gifts that add up to $20. Extra's can be anything else you want to put in IF you wish....but not required.

dreamer2009 09-20-2012 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by nclauri (Post 5529158)

As in the past years, you will send 4 Fat Quarters and a gift(s) NOT to exceed $20. I know some in the past have sent MUCH more than the $20 limit and that cannot be helped. Some people are just a bit more generous than others. That is nothing to get mad about and nothing I can control. Some people are more generous than others. If you send home made baked good, those DO NOT count towards the $20 limit.

brenda21 09-20-2012 04:34 PM

There should be pictures from the past few years posted...it can be just about anything and everything that gets sent hahaha...some of it is quilting stuff some has nothing to do with quilting, some is hand made, some is not, some is home baked, some is store baked....try to find the thread from previous years to give you the best idea.

brenda21 09-20-2012 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise (Post 5528589)
I have a super "fun" project I am THINKING of making.
A hint it IS Christmas themed, but I have to wait to make
sure my partner celebrates Christmas.

But I have about 6-10 "little" things set aside to stuff in the
box as filler IF needed.

Just giving you a heads up girlfriend...if you get me, I want one of those Christmas trees....you know what I'm talking about:thumbup:

dreamer2009 09-20-2012 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 5529222)
Just giving you a heads up girlfriend...if you get me, I want one of those Christmas trees....you know what I'm talking about:thumbup:

BRENDA...what Christmas Trees ??