Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2012-sign-ups-closed-help-me-10-27-2012-a-t200887.html)

Pat625 10-22-2012 01:08 PM

the wish list should just be to give you ideas- not to buy it all!!....I didn't give any real ideas as I prefer to be suprised...Just relax and enjoy getting the stuff....I finished my shopping today and will be wrapping and getting the box sent out by the end of the week

RedGarnet222 10-22-2012 01:30 PM

Sent off another one today.... :~)

tlrnhi 10-22-2012 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by cherrio (Post 5602635)
ok, this is making me nervous! Ya'll are talking about mailing several boxes. I understood that one "requirement" for this this swap is-4 fat quarters. and to spend no more than 20 bucks. we can shop our stash and make whatever else we like to send. first timer here so am I on the right path here? I don't want to disappoint anyone!

cherrio, as I stated in the rules, people can be generous. You can send more than one package if you like, it's ok. If you want to send your original one, then maybe you go shopping and see a couple fat quarters that you think your SS would like, you can get those, put them in an envelope and send them out...marked Secret Santa, of course. Doesn't matter. This is all in fun. This isn't to make others feel bad. I think last year, one lady got a few packages sent to her. She had fat quarters in one envelope, then a small package with some other things in it and then another with some other things in it. It all added up to the rules, so you can pick and choose if you like. Some people like to drive others crazy.

Pat625 10-22-2012 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi (Post 5604801)
cherrio, as I stated in the rules, people can be generous. You can send more than one package if you like, it's ok. If you want to send your original one, then maybe you go shopping and see a couple fat quarters that you think your SS would like, you can get those, put them in an envelope and send them out...marked Secret Santa, of course. Doesn't matter. This is all in fun. This isn't to make others feel bad. I think last year, one lady got a few packages sent to her. She had fat quarters in one envelope, then a small package with some other things in it and then another with some other things in it. It all added up to the rules, so you can pick and choose if you like. Some people like to drive others crazy.

Drive someone crazy???Must be talking about Dreamer!~! The rest of us are VERY good!!

tlrnhi 10-22-2012 03:18 PM

Ok, I'm in VA at the moment. Suffering with a cold and not having fun. Have to attend this class for military retirees, b o r i n g ! ! !
Well, one guy that spoke this morning was full of pep, I did like listening to him and he was a wealth of info. The 2d half of the day was on financial planning....b o r i n g ! ! ! If I can't figure how to manage money by now, something must be wrong! But, to listen to some of these people with their questions... OMG!

Anyway...I see that everyone is trying to behave themselves.
I'll be on and off for this week, then on Saturday, I head back to PA. I'm bringing back some of my stash with me so I can do some sewing.

Tink's Mom 10-22-2012 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi (Post 5604816)
Ok, I'm in VA at the moment. Suffering with a cold and not having fun. Have to attend this class for military retirees, b o r i n g ! ! !
Well, one guy that spoke this morning was full of pep, I did like listening to him and he was a wealth of info. The 2d half of the day was on financial planning....b o r i n g ! ! ! If I can't figure how to manage money by now, something must be wrong! But, to listen to some of these people with their questions... OMG!

I'll be on and off for this week, then on Saturday, I head back to PA. I'm bringing back some of my stash with me so I can do some sewing.

Did you hear that Dreamer??? Terri is taking some of her stash to her home in PA...that means that she is taking her favorite stuff with her and she must be leaving the other stuff for when you raid her house...

dreamer2009 10-22-2012 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Pat625 (Post 5604810)
Drive someone crazy???Must be talking about Dreamer!~! The rest of us are VERY good!!

that is so NOT true....Mwhahahahahahahah

dreamer2009 10-22-2012 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi (Post 5604816)

arent you waiting close to home for a baby ???

Andii 10-22-2012 03:44 PM

I think the kitty looks like a pecan Sandie or a Snickerdoodle.:)

Dreamer, you remind me of Gollum in the Hobit...my precious.

dreamer2009 10-22-2012 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Andii (Post 5604852)

Dreamer, you remind me of Gollum in the Hobit...my precious.

dont know if that is good or not so...