Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2012-sign-ups-closed-help-me-10-27-2012-a-t200887.html)

sikesjj 10-29-2012 10:55 AM

Ahhhhh, my SS Box is here and I can't open it! It's really heavy and something rattles. I am waiting on a few things to come in and then I can ship it out.

Tink's Mom 10-29-2012 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023 (Post 5619991)
I am worried about those winds. too. We don't have a fire place. I cannot imagine 25 foot waves on Lake Michigan.
I talked to my DD daughter who lives in NYC and she seemed worried but took precautions and is staying with friends.

Deb, I don't like the wind we have....if it's this bad now....what will it be tomorrow? You be careful...I'm 20 minutes from the lake, but I'm not sure how close you are .

Tink's Mom 10-29-2012 11:08 AM

DREAMER!!!! I got my Secret Santa box today! Mine jingles, too! I will have Tink scan it later...than we should be able to tell if any dogs have helped to pack the box.

mcdaniel023 10-29-2012 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom (Post 5621635)
Deb, I don't like the wind we have....if it's this bad now....what will it be tomorrow? You be careful...I'm 20 minutes from the lake, but I'm not sure how close you are .

The winds are already blowing things around. Tomorrow just may be wild. I am about 20 minutes from the southeast end of the lake.

islandwiz1 10-29-2012 11:55 AM

My power in Rhode Island has been going off and on since morning. The wind is really scary at times. Everyone stay safe from this hurricane and tropical nor'easterner!

pattypurple 10-29-2012 12:00 PM

Since my SS box is going somewhere in the midst of Sandy's travels I've decided to wait a few days to mail it. Really had to put lots of tape on it to hold it all together. Someone might get hurt if it breaks open since we really had to work to get it closed. I'm hoping not to lose power so I can sew for a few days, but that isn't likely with our electric co.so I may have to read by candlelight. Stay safe everyone.

dreamer2009 10-29-2012 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom (Post 5621643)
DREAMER!!!! I got my Secret Santa box today! Mine jingles, too! I will have Tink scan it later...than we should be able to tell if any dogs have helped to pack the box.

YIPEE... got mine today also...from North Attleboro, MA
no jingle...was ripped a bit and DID NOT PEEK...and taped it good
:p

Leota 10-29-2012 01:31 PM

my grand kitten doesn't like the wind anymore... dd sent me a picture of her hiding under her robe.. ha ha... I tried to share it here but it won't download :(

JuneBillie 10-29-2012 01:53 PM

Mostly have our ss boxes packed, but we have a couple more things to put in, and have to pick up some candy goodies. Out boxes are really going to be packed. Everyone in this bad storm, please be safe.

Vanogay 10-29-2012 01:54 PM

PM'd Terri with my names for her list - but not sure she'll get it if she's anywhere close to Sandy. I guess any packages going/coming from that area will be held somewhere until mail routes are up and operational again. I haven't gotten any packages yet, so can rule out all who have mentioned they sent. Won't mention if I sent mine yet...will after mail required date only.