Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2012-sign-ups-closed-help-me-10-27-2012-a-t200887.html)

x7lillies 11-10-2012 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Tashana (Post 5648144)
HELP! I am such a nervous Nellie! I probably worry too much but here is my little problem. I tracked the package I send to my Secret Santa pall and the delivery was not succesful but the notice was left for the recipient. Don't worry, it is not any of you, I checked before posting. I was told by USPS that if the package is not picked up within 15 days it will be mailed back to me. What do I do? I am afraid that the notice was misplaced with circulars and what not and ended up in recyclying. I did that once myself! I cannot send the recipient a private message because it will spoil the surprise. What would you do? Ask a moderator to send a message for me a day before 15 days expires? This is my first swap of any kind, I really do not want to screw it up and I have no idea how to approach this. I did make the organizer of the swap aware of the issue. Thank you for your help!

I know when I miss a delivery, they usually try 3 days in a row. So even if they missed the first one, they'll probably get the next one. I would also send a message to the moderator and ask them to send a message on to your person for you, just so they're aware they should be around to receive their SS package. Hope it works out!!

Cindy60545 11-11-2012 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug (Post 5648567)
YES..........I checked it today & only got some bills, darn anyway!! Sniff, sniff, sniff!!
:D :D :D :D

Guess the mailman doesn't like Christmas! Santa said he had a box for you.

Happy Tails 11-11-2012 05:00 AM

Ok then, if you're all drinkin,and since I'm a popaholic, I'll be the designated reindeer driver in case anybody ever gets out of the naughty room!!
On another note, I'm confused......I got a package in the mail on Friday and I looked it over really really REALLY good and there was nothing on it except my name, address and the senders address, so I assumed it was from the ornament exchange......so I went ahead and opened it, inside was a beautiful wreath but no note no card, no nothing, I sure hope I didn't ruin my "surprise" by opening SS box instead of the ornament box........that would really be disappointing.

Originally Posted by cherrio (Post 5647935)
ok, naughty santas, if Nancia is having margherita I want to order a rum and coke. see how much easier it is to spell rum and coke!? my pkg has not arrived and neither has my ss Pal's been mailed. I had it wrapped and realized the card was still on the table. so after I get a new box it will be sent tuesday. now off to see if I really have some captain spiced rum . . .

grann of 6 11-11-2012 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023 (Post 5648460)
Grann, I get snicker doodles cause I am being really good. ;)

Yes, I noticed! I have been keeping track of the naughty and nice. I can also make those peanut butter cookies with the Hershey's kiss in the middle for those of you who don't like snickerdoodles. My problem is I only like cookies when they are warm from the oven. After they cool, I don't like them. So I will share the leftovers with you guys.

I haven't heard anything from my SS, she must not post on here. She is missing all the fun! I am still impatiently waiting for mine to come. I have the dogs sitting at the door waiting for inspection of said package when it does come.

Judith1005 11-11-2012 05:21 AM

Goodmorning Sue, Count me in for snickerdoodles. I love them with hot tea. I don't think I've been bad enough that I couldn't be forgiven. (batting my eyelashes). Pretty please?

pattypurple 11-11-2012 05:36 AM

Every time I hear the mail person drive down the driveway I listen really hard to see if I hear Jingle Bells, but so far nothing. Even have DH thinking it is my package coming. I think he is as curious as I am. We don't have any snow yet, for the sleigh but the driveway isn't too muddy so Santa should be able to make it.
I'm being "good" and making a quilt to send to the hurricane victims. It is a scrappy one backed with fleece. Hope someone is kept warm by it. Does that earn me some snickerdoodles? I will only eat one since I'm watching my sweets.

grann of 6 11-11-2012 05:49 AM

There will be enough Snickerdoodles to go around to EVERYONE! Since it is the holiday season, I will overlook the imbibing, peeking, and shaking, at least for a little while! :D

Judith1005 11-11-2012 06:02 AM

Oh Miss Pat, that shows admirable constraint. Just 1!? I do believe that is all that I can manage is 1 also as I prefer mine less sweet. But hey, :) all smiles, Somebody else is volunteering to make and share a sweet bit of christmas goodness. I it will taste so good pair'd with my tea. No bells, come on Santa, we want to hear jinglely bells. I'll wait with you guys on the bench. The bar is just a little to boisterous for me. How about if I make homemade Hot chocolate to go with those yummy snicker doodles?:thumbups: on your quilt making. I'm donating blocks to be made into quilts for the Sandy victims. I'm putting in as many good thoughts as I can for them. And I hope all the quilts will bring them some comfort from a well meaning stranger!!

Originally Posted by pattypurple (Post 5649148)
Every time I hear the mail person drive down the driveway I listen really hard to see if I hear Jingle Bells, but so far nothing. Even have DH thinking it is my package coming. I think he is as curious as I am. We don't have any snow yet, for the sleigh but the driveway isn't too muddy so Santa should be able to make it.
I'm being "good" and making a quilt to send to the hurricane victims. It is a scrappy one backed with fleece. Hope someone is kept warm by it. Does that earn me some snickerdoodles? I will only eat one since I'm watching my sweets.

Judith1005 11-11-2012 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 (Post 5649181)
There will be enough Snickerdoodles to go around to EVERYONE! Since it is the holiday season, I will overlook the imbibing, peeking, and shaking, at least for a little while! :D

Your awesome Sue! Thank you for sharing with all us well meaning quilty ladies and gents. No imbibing for me. I've seen way to many people over indulge. It is not a pretty site!! I think the highs and lows of life are enough for me. :) I'm a "work in progress" on the perspective part." :)

Machel 11-11-2012 07:04 AM

Mailman delivered a special package to me yesterday. :) Yeah !!!! I can't wait to open it :) Good thing I have the head elf here to watch over me so that I will behave. DRATS!!!! never know when she will pop in :)