Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2012-sign-ups-closed-help-me-10-27-2012-a-t200887.html)

Melody MO/KS 09-23-2012 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 (Post 5535780)
Hey! Which reminds me. Last year someone decided to put bells in their box. So a whole bunch of us put bells in our box. And BTW, towards the end there will be lots of carollling. Bet you can't guess who did that ?!?!?!?!

I LOVE THAT IDEA! THANKS WHOOOO EVER YOU WERE OR ARE,KUDO'S TO U, bet it drove the postman crazy! LOL

dreamer2009 09-23-2012 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 (Post 5535780)
Hey! Which reminds me. Last year someone decided to put bells in their box. So a whole bunch of us put bells in our box. And BTW, towards the end there will be lots of carollling. Bet you can't guess who did that ?!?!?!?!

have not a clue :)

Melody MO/KS 09-23-2012 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 5535639)
hope you are feeling better and glad you joined in :)

Thanks for your warm welcome, I do hope you are better! Thanks for the warning agout the Dreamer and her naughty elves.....seen them in action! I have some Tinker Bell Magic Dust my daughter got when she worked at Disney, so I'll just sprinkle them. HAHA

Nelco 09-23-2012 02:14 PM

Sent my PM today. WOW!! this is going to be fun just reading everyones comments and getting ideas for my package.

I have a question? Where i live there are a few in my area and they would guess who I am. How can I hide that without having to put a return address?

tlrnhi 09-23-2012 02:17 PM

Don't worry about someone guessing it's you right off the bat. Believe it or not, there are a few that are from the same area and don't even know it!

You have to put your return addy on the package, but you DO NOT have to put your name.

Originally Posted by Nelco (Post 5535957)
Sent my PM today. WOW!! this is going to be fun just reading everyones comments and getting ideas for my package.

I have a question? Where i live there are a few in my area and they would guess who I am. How can I hide that without having to put a return address?

lauriejo 09-23-2012 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Anastasia (Post 5535778)
^^^^^ She wants me for her secret santa :P

Oh my, yes please! Christmas gnomies!

Tothill 09-23-2012 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Nelco (Post 5535957)

You may not get someone from your area. Last year (check the thread) people were matched based on their first name, not location.

But if you do get someone who is local to you, you can just hand deliver (or ask a friend to hand deliver the package, then no return address is needed. Just have a photo taken when it is dropped off so you have proof of delivery.

travelinggramma 09-23-2012 04:38 PM

Okay gang - I see that there are a few from my other swaps and now I am excited cause I loved what they made and sent. Need to know more about my swap partner so I can make better purchases. And I agree - PLEASE tell us about food allergies.
You'all will certainly be keeping my spirits high!

SLHughes 09-23-2012 04:53 PM

Yeah!!! I will be joining again this year. I cant wait!!!

dreamer2009 09-23-2012 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by SLHughes (Post 5536327)
Yeah!!! I will be joining again this year. I cant wait!!!

hooray !!
DON'T BELIEVE THE RUMORS ABOUT ME THOUGH...lol