Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2012-sign-ups-closed-help-me-10-27-2012-a-t200887.html)

tlrnhi 09-18-2012 07:57 PM

Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012

***UPDATE***

REMEMBER.....LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU SEND YOUR PACKAGE AND WHEN YOU RECEIVE IT!! I NEED TO KNOW!! I ALSO NEED THE DELIVERY CONFIRMATION NUMBER ATTACHED TO IT!!!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.......MAKE SURE YOU PUT SECRET SANTA ON THE OUTSIDE OF YOUR BOX!!!! DURING THIS TIME OF YEAR, PEOPLE ARE ORDERING EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENTS AND SINCE THEY COULD BE ORDERING FROM PRIVATE PEOPLE, THEY CAN MISTAKENLY OPEN THE SECRET SANTA BOX!! WE DON'T WANT THIS TO HAPPEN!!!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.....READ THE RULES!!

The deadline to sign up is September 29. You will receive the information for your person by PM by October 1.

First...a bit of unpleasantness....

THE RULES....

1. Mail deadline is November 14th. That is a HARD deadline. No mailing AFTER this time. Since you have almost 2 months, there should be NO excuse for mailing late, unless you are incapacitated or 6 feet under.

2. ALL packages MUST have a DELIVERY CONFIRMATION when sent. Last year there were too many packages that were sent late and a few that were not received. With a Delivery Confirmation, the package can be somewhat tracked when received. If the receiver HAS NOT received their package from you and you said you sent it, you will be required to PROVE your sending with a copy of the mail receipt showing such. The mail receipt will show that you paid for the Delivery Confirmation, along with the zip code that the package was shipped to. So, DO NOT toss the receipt or the Deliveryy Confirmation slip away UNTIL YOU HEAR THAT YOUR PERSON HAS RECEIVED THEIR PACKAGE!

3. IF you cannot adhere to the rules and/or you recieve a package, but do not send one, YOU WILL be banned from ANY further swap(s) I run AND I will also let other swappers know of your action in this swap. I will also post negative feedback for you and will encourage the person with whom you were to send to, to do the same.
Last year we had too many "angels" step forward and send to people who did not receive from their Secret Santa due to people NOT sending.

4. By signing up, means that you have read the rules and that you WILL adhere to them.

5. DO NOT OPEN the package if you are unsure if it's from your Secret Santa. If you aren't sure, just send me a PM and ask me. I can tell you if it's your SS by the address.
For those that will use another address (mom's, sister's, aunt's, etc), if you put maybe some stickers or even write Secret Santa on the package, that would help also.

6. If you are sending overseas, you will be required to attach a Customs Form to the package. It sucks to have to do this, but it's required. DO NOT make the total of the amount on the Customs Form MORE than $20. Even if the package is worth $1000, DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT make the amount for more than $20. If you do, the receiver will have to pay Customs/VAT taxes on the package and we don't want that to happen.
When you fill out the form, you can put ..
Candy---$1.00
Fabric---$5.00
Cup---$10.00
Total--$20.00
This is just an example.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but there have been too many hurt feelings lately in swaps and people NEED to be held accountable for their actions.

Remember, put a card in the package so the receiver knows who the sender is. If you accidentally forget to put the card in once your package is sent, just send the card separately with the same return addy you put on the package.

Now, that the "ugly" is over....

As in the past years, you will send 4 Fat Quarters and a gift(s) NOT to exceed $20. I know some in the past have sent MUCH more than the $20 limit and that cannot be helped. Some people are just a bit more generous than others. That is nothing to get mad about and nothing I can control. Some people are more generous than others. If you send home made baked good, those DO NOT count towards the $20 limit.

If you wish to participate, send me a PM with the following

Board Name:
Name:
Address:

Likes/Wants:

Dislikes/Allergies:

Will you send international?
Canada
Overseas (Europe, South America, Australia, Japan)

Do you have pets?

Do you mind sending/receiving from a smoker?

When addressing your package, put as an example

Santa, Santa's Elf, Jolly Man (just an example of what you can use)
123 Main Street
Any Town, AR 12345
(the address will be YOUR address)

Don't forget....if you have something that can be repurposed, that would be great too!

This exchange is open to ANYONE. Those that are international, will get their information earlier to allow for extra time for packages to arrive to their destination.

There will be a chat session, so everyone can come and we can open our gifts together. That date will be determined at a later time.

Remember, this is SECRET. You won't know who is sending to you and the person you are sending to, won't know it's you until reveal day in chat.

If you have ANY questions, please don't hesitate to PM me and ask.

Let's have a great time with this.

I do need to add that those who are not in the US or that have names for outside the US, will have to mail early due to the time that it takes to get from one country to another, especially from the US to Canada. Seems it can take up to 4 weeks to get a package to Canada. Those sending to Canada OR overseas DO NOT need a Delivery Confirmation. Just holding the receipt for proof of mailing will suffice.

***If you have ANY questions, please DO NOT hesitate to ask me. Just send me a PM and I will get back to you as soon as possible. You can also ask Sharon b, she's my little helper.

wanda lou 09-18-2012 08:41 PM

All signed up.
Now I can't wait to get my name and work on his or her package.

Pat625 09-18-2012 08:41 PM

YEAH!!! Was stalking this forum for the sign ups!! This is my first year and I am SO excited to be joining..Already been shopping!! Thanks so much for doing this!!

Leota 09-18-2012 08:48 PM

I'm In,
Hazel B is also in...she doesn't do computers so I do it for her....

We started today planning and scheming and gathering goodies :D

This is so much fun... I've do it now for 4 years :D... Terri you do an awesome job in keeping everyone happy and going in the right direction.

sewbeadit 09-18-2012 08:57 PM

I am in too, just signed up, this sounds like a lot of fun.

Quilty-Louise 09-18-2012 09:02 PM

I read the rules and agree to them.

Sent the info in the pm.

Thank you.

Winnona 09-19-2012 02:21 AM

I PM to you Terri

BrendaK 09-19-2012 02:24 AM

I sent a pm. Hope I did it correctly. I am excited to be doing this for the first time, Thank you again for doing this. Is there a way we can find out for sure that our name is on the list? BrendaK

Happy Tails 09-19-2012 03:03 AM

I'm in too, this is all new to me, so it's exciting...I can't believe the work Terri is willing to put in to make this exciting event happen,, especially since most of us are strangers, and I'm stranger than most lol...THANKS TERRI!!!!!!!

annthreecats 09-19-2012 04:33 AM

I'm in again this year. Looking forward to all the fun.