Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/september-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-8-31-4pm-cst-t198447.html)

Krystyna 09-01-2012 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise (Post 5484170)
K,

I read off your canning list to Tim and he is drooling
over your habanero and jalapeno hot sauce.

Personally I don't eat anything hotter than black pepper.

lol

I made some habanero gold jelly last year. Lori got some ... personally I think it's great on grilled cheese or corn bread. The hot sauce is my son's creation. Amazing that child has a stomach lining or intestines left. He loves hot! He makes the mix and I do the canning for him. Just opened some of last year's sauerkraut and big disappointment ... the salt corroded the lids! Several quarts into the trash. :( I love wild fermentation, but that one didn't work.

Vanogay 09-01-2012 04:54 PM

I hope the names come through before I have to leave for Atlanta. There's no computer that I can use while I'm there. My BIL died on Thursday and we're heading down to be with my sister and stay for the memorial service. I'll be home soon enough to get eveything out. Unfortunately, I won't be doing any shopping while there - I hope I have everything I can use here and will get it packed and ready - and some personalization in it before I ship it out.

Krystyna 09-01-2012 05:02 PM

Kathleen, so sorry for your loss.

susansomethings 09-01-2012 05:11 PM

Sounds delicious....!! I haven't canned anything in years. Makes me want to do it again.

jaba 09-01-2012 05:58 PM

K, how in the world do you make raspberry, strawberry & chocolate??? Would love to have your recipe when you have time. Sounds great to me.
Know how you feel, I live for those cortisone shots, they're a life saver for me...every 4 months.

Crafty Darlene 09-01-2012 07:25 PM

Vanogay so sorry for your loss.
Krystyna I totally agree about the canning. I've canned enough gbeans from our garden this year to feed everyone on the board. Did strawberry and blackberry jam. We've got enough honey to last the rest of our lives! What I didn't can I put up in my freezer, so we're loaded down. Oh and of course pepper sauce. Did some Thai peppers this year and they are very hot also.
Hope you all are having a great labor day weekend. DD and family are here from GA so we've all been playing with my new toy. (Embroidery Machine) Everyone is fasinated with it.

Jan Rutherford 09-01-2012 08:58 PM

I miss all of you already..... and its only sept 1. I had to pass on this months SP. finances are tight and had to make choices i didn't like. BUT , I plan to keep in touch and set some dollars aside for october SP. This budget thing sucks! but we all have to be careful these days.

louiseb50 09-01-2012 09:15 PM

I'm signed up and sent my form in and raring to go....this is fun, I have all kinds of Ideas but have to wait and see if my partner is on the same wave link as me:o

Krystyna 09-02-2012 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene (Post 5484607)
Hope you all are having a great labor day weekend. DD and family are here from GA so we've all been playing with my new toy. (Embroidery Machine) Everyone is fasinated with it.

Don't forget to collect the Vintage Housewives Set at www.Juliasneedle.com

mdall 09-02-2012 07:02 AM

Well its another dreary day here. No going to middles sons football game now since someone needs to stay at home with the younger ones would already have colds. Pooh, oh well will just have to try and catch up on UFO's or finish beading for etsy shop. Anyone wanna join in?