Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/september-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-8-31-4pm-cst-t198447.html)

Anastasia 09-09-2012 04:16 PM

I feel ya Kelly, just started my new classes so getting into that groove of what days homework is due. Apparently my math class gives a bonus if you don't miss any assignment and he literally only keeps the thing open for 2 days so you gotta be on the ball submitting things on time. So I'm in a constant state of panic even though it's the crazy first week. It looks like I might have every other day of not having something to turn in.. hehe so I can sew every other day.. maybe.. Mmm fruit filled crepes.. I'll take either type of "pancakes" for any time of the day. I think homemade ones taste better reheated from frozen than the prepackaged chemical laden ones do. Maybe try just slathering peanut butter on them. I love eating cold pancakes with peanut butter rolled up into a tube. Crap I really want pancakes now. With peanut butter... I guess I could make some.

skaduzy 09-09-2012 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Nelco (Post 5500120)
Guess I better start packing the box for my SP. Been adding things and don't remember what I have put in there.
Hint: Her state borders one of the Great Lakes.

This could be me!

Krystyna 09-09-2012 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Anastasia (Post 5502883)
Mmm fruit filled crepes.. I'll take either type of "pancakes" for any time of the day. I think homemade ones taste better reheated from frozen than the prepackaged chemical laden ones do. Maybe try just slathering peanut butter on them. I love eating cold pancakes with peanut butter rolled up into a tube. Crap I really want pancakes now. With peanut butter... I guess I could make some.

You know what else is good? Homemade potato pancakes with pot roast. You can put sour cream on them or apple sauce or gravy or all of it. I will send some to my SP. If I have one.

Krystyna 09-09-2012 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by skaduzy (Post 5502914)
This could be me!

No. That's Brenda. Sorry.

Anastasia 09-09-2012 04:52 PM

nice.. so.. I now have 8 pancakes.

TheMamaHauser 09-09-2012 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Anastasia (Post 5502981)
nice.. so.. I now have 8 pancakes.

If you make them really thin (I use the box stuff, add egg, oil, milk etc) by doubling the milk, the come out almost crepe-y minus the 1/2 dozen eggs... and then you douse them with melted butter, cinnamon & sugar.

OR cream cheese frosting from a tub

OR peanut butter AND fluff (gotta do this while it's still warm)

OR apple pie filling (if you're lazy like me)

OR hot caramel & sliced apples.

And people wonder why I'm fat. It's cause I eat GOOD food, not good-for-me food.

Anastasia 09-09-2012 07:55 PM

Argh I'm having a fabric argument with the thing I'm making for my secret pal.. I need more fabric to play with in bigger pieces.. hehe.

TOOMANYUFO'S 09-10-2012 06:11 AM

Wonder who my sp is. The pkg from Swampfox is being delivered today and it is staying in Mass. not coming to Maine.

cannyquilter 09-10-2012 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Nexxus831 (Post 5495184)
well they said that the comments section will be on the invoice with the package. I sure hope they do. I am still going to send out a postcard I think.

That would be fine with me, a personal postcard or note would be nice to receive in addition

brenda21 09-10-2012 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5502927)
No. That's Brenda. Sorry.

nope. not me...I don't border a great lake...